"Another" new mufler

gcarper_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I wasn't real pleased with the long muffler I installed on the CB, so started looking for a shorter one. Found one made by VooDoo, 17" long and could buy it from Amazon. Delivered today and I put it on. I'm a happy camper! Making a sound check video and will post it on youtube later.

Here is the sound check video
 
Looking at the pictures, it looks like this is not a straight bolt-on. An additional curved pipe is needed to connect the muffler to the stock head pipe (?).
 
Thread starter
Deanohh_imp said:
Please describe the installation.... Mid pipe, etc.
The new muffler is not an exact fit and the link pipe must be made to curve from the under pipe to line up with the muffler. Any good muffler shop will be able to do this or if you have access to a pipe bender you can make your own. A local shop here in Gaffney made connecting links for my Vstrom and XR1200. I would have had him do the CB but I had a curved link from the Delkevic can I'd ordered for the XR so used it. I lucked out in that the Delkevic link pipe had a bracket that lined up with the center stand stop. My friend that owns the shop where I purchased the luggage rack and the long reverse cone had suggested welding a strap from the center stand to contact the link or muffler to be the center stand stop. Glue a strip of rubber on so it wouldn't clang.
furious_blue_imp said:
Looking at the pictures, it looks like this is not a straight bolt-on. An additional curved pipe is needed to connect the muffler to the stock head pipe (?).
See my reply to Deanohh.
 
Thread starter
I checked with Delkevic and the curved link pipe I used can be bought for $50 plus $8 for shipping. it's the link pipe for a 2009 Yamaha FZ1.
 
I'm surprised there's not much talk on here about the Two Brothers slip-on. I'm not a fan of the black carbon fiber (as seen in the youtube video), but I figure the titanium or aluminum would suit the bike well. Anyhow, the price is certainly right, and it sounds pretty good. Might give it a try...
 
Jim21680_imp said:
I'm surprised there's not much talk on here about the Two Brothers slip-on. I'm not a fan of the black carbon fiber (as seen in the youtube video), but I figure the titanium or aluminum would suit the bike well. Anyhow, the price is certainly right, and it sounds pretty good. Might give it a try...
What is the cheapest price for thev two brothers? The ones Ihave seen were for sale for highter than Staintune!
 
Back
Top