Another DLX on Ebay

I've been wondering where Damfino had got to. Sad to read in the advertisement that he's had health problems.

Bike should be a good buy; with 1,381 miles ridden it's barely run in.
 
Thread starter
No reserve so the bike will be sold. Look at the bid history... it started out yesterday evening at 99 cents and its already over $8K with 22 bids and 5 days 22 hours to go. This one will be interesting to watch!!!
 
I bet this bike will break 9K, might even get close to 10K. I personally love the red Deluxe as so many others do, but there are brand new black 2014's collecting dust that can be had for $6999. I am trying to rationalize spending 2 - 2.5K more for a used bike vs. a new black.
 
The Deluxe is like hens teeth - only more desirable. Wildguzzi seems to be down this morning.
 
Dave Swanson_imp said:
I bet this bike will break 9K, might even get close to 10K. I personally love the red Deluxe as so many others do, but there are brand new black 2014's collecting dust that can be had for $6999. I am trying to rationalize spending 2 - 2.5K more for a used bike vs. a new black.
Dave, if I had the opportunity (because there are no DLXs in Aus), the cash and the option, I'd buy a used DLX over the standard. The only rationalization is that you prefer it. Of course, if you don't have the cash, get a good deal on a standard.
 
A DLX with 1300 miles on it and a warranty until 2019 IS new ( practically speaking)
 
Dave Swanson_imp said:
I bet this bike will break 9K, might even get close to 10K. I personally love the red Deluxe as so many others do, but there are brand new black 2014's collecting dust that can be had for $6999. I am trying to rationalize spending 2 - 2.5K more for a used bike vs. a new black.
I went through the same agonizing rationale as you did back in Jan. A brand new black one had my name on it waiting for me to sign the papers for $6999 plus $80 doc fee. The day before I was to go get it, someone here put up his dlx, identical to this one on ebay. I quickly jumped on it, flew out there and rode her home. Best decision I've made in my entire mc ownership history.
 
14 hours to go. $8,777 on the table.
 
So happy I already have mine. Otherwise I'd be on pins and needles waiting for the last last 10 seconds to snipe that gorgous DLX above $9k. :)
 
Lovely, isn't it?
 
Like owning a Picasso I tell ya ;)
 
Thread starter
Thanks to this forum folks are realizing DLXs are as rare as a Picasso!! Too bad Honda won't verify if our estimate of 300 made (based on the regestry) is correct.
 
I'm glad Damfino got a good price for his DLX but very sorry he had to sell it.
 
Back
Top