Animals!

That is a funny story , you hardly EVER see a dead crow on the road. They are very smart birds , we feed them in our back yard with food scraps and bird seed .
 
Does a spider IN the helmet as you are at highway speeds count? Crawling around here and there? Luckily, most spiders here aren't trying to kill you. Does lead to quick decisions on pulling over and rectifying the situation.
 
Being from SoCal we don't have many critters here, and I avoid riding at night so I've never really had an encounter with the local coyotes, but, I had an army buddy I rode with a lot and he told me his Dad hit a moose in MI. Riding a Road King, it knocked the moose down but he jumped up and ran off. Totalled the bike and banged up his Dad pretty good.
 
yea a moose, cow or horse would be a tough thing to hit
 
Thread starter
Obliviontoad_imp said:
Does a spider IN the helmet as you are at highway speeds count? Crawling around here and there? Luckily, most spiders here aren't trying to kill you. Does lead to quick decisions on pulling over and rectifying the situation.
Oh it counts! I had a bee-like insect somehow make it past my jacket, I guess it got down through neck hole and it stung the beegeezers out of me. I was pounding my upper chest with left hand, wobblying back and forth on the bike a bit before pulling over. Took off jacket and found the critter mashed up so I got him.
 
Most exotic (for a Norwegian) was when I was in Cape Town for work and got an unexpected weekend off. Rented a rigged HD of some sort and went around the Cape and in to the wine country. Saw baboons, ostrich, a dazzle of zebra and penguins.
 
Hovmod_imp said:
Most exotic (for a Norwegian) was when I was in Cape Town for work and got an unexpected weekend off. Rented a rigged HD of some sort and went around the Cape and in to the wine country. Saw baboons, ostrich, a dazzle of zebra and penguins.
So today I learned what a group of zebra is called. Thanks, ;)
 
decarmine_imp said:
Hovmod_imp said:
Most exotic (for a Norwegian) was when I was in Cape Town for work and got an unexpected weekend off. Rented a rigged HD of some sort and went around the Cape and in to the wine country. Saw baboons, ostrich, a dazzle of zebra and penguins.
So today I learned what a group of zebra is called. Thanks, ;)
I googled it. :)
I've always been amused by collective nouns in English, but I pretty much have to look them up every time.

What's a good collective for bikers?
 
Hovmod_imp said:
decarmine_imp said:
Hovmod_imp said:
Most exotic (for a Norwegian) was when I was in Cape Town for work and got an unexpected weekend off. Rented a rigged HD of some sort and went around the Cape and in to the wine country. Saw baboons, ostrich, a dazzle of zebra and penguins.
So today I learned what a group of zebra is called. Thanks, ;)
I googled it. :)
I've always been amused by collective nouns in English, but I pretty much have to look them up every time.

What's a good collective for bikers?
I googled it. :)
I've always been amused by collective nouns in English, but I pretty much have to look them up every time.

What's a good collective for bikers?
The one that always seemed the strangest is a murder of crows...
 
Hovmod_imp said:
decarmine_imp said:
Hovmod_imp said:
Most exotic (for a Norwegian) was when I was in Cape Town for work and got an unexpected weekend off. Rented a rigged HD of some sort and went around the Cape and in to the wine country. Saw baboons, ostrich, a dazzle of zebra and penguins.
So today I learned what a group of zebra is called. Thanks, ;)
I googled it. :)
I've always been amused by collective nouns in English, but I pretty much have to look them up every time.

What's a good collective for bikers?
A Forum?
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Hovmod_imp said:
decarmine_imp said:
Hovmod_imp said:
Most exotic (for a Norwegian) was when I was in Cape Town for work and got an unexpected weekend off. Rented a rigged HD of some sort and went around the Cape and in to the wine country. Saw baboons, ostrich, a dazzle of zebra and penguins.
So today I learned what a group of zebra is called. Thanks, ;)
I googled it. :)
I've always been amused by collective nouns in English, but I pretty much have to look them up every time.

What's a good collective for bikers?
A Forum?
A Forum?
A Rumble?
 
funny one on tonight's ride

6b5a2dcd20779934c8f1162d01d177a6.jpg


25b0c113aae2c15dec6a39b569abe168.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
funny one on tonight's ride

6b5a2dcd20779934c8f1162d01d177a6.jpg


25b0c113aae2c15dec6a39b569abe168.jpg
I believe this begs this question:
“Why did the chicken cross the road?”

Answer: “Because the chicken thinks he is photogenic and want the ferret to take his picture.”
 
Crossed paths with a deer not far from my house. Afraid the CB is more dinged up than I am.
Just had to try out my new Conti Road Attack3's after dinner.
I am fine, a few scrapes. Got the 19 tooth front, 37 rear on and had to try it all out. Far as I could tell the deer is fine too.
Bike felt great, I wasn't pushing it, probably should avoid running around here toward evening.

Ben
 
Thread starter
Ben70_imp said:
Crossed paths with a deer not far from my house. Afraid the CB is more dinged up than I am.
Just had to try out my new Conti Road Attack3's after dinner.
I am fine, a few scrapes. Got the 19 tooth front, 37 rear on and had to try it all out. Far as I could tell the deer is fine too.
Bike felt great, I wasn't pushing it, probably should avoid running around here toward evening.

Ben
Uh-oh...glad you're ok Ben, but did deer collide with you? Bike go down?
 
Yes and yes. It was actually two of them, they cut into the road from the brush and tried to run in front of me. the nearer one tried to turn away as I braked, but the other one bumped it into me. There was no oncoming traffic and I just grabbed a bunch of brake, edged to the left and was not going very fast on impact. My wife and cousin got the bike on a trailer and I will have to assess damages tomorrow.
They are pretty common around here, I hit one with a car about 10 years ago.

Ben
 
Sorry to hear about that, Ben, but glad you’re OK.
 
Man that's a bummer Ben. Sorry to hear that.
 
Back
Top