And then there were 5 :D

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
Here are a few pics from the SF bay area ride today. For some unknown reason we didn't take any pre-ride pics, so we stopped part way up Mt. Hamilton at the Cal Fire station and snapped a few.

1768f4cace440862e36ccda7cf1e93c8.jpg


These are up at the Lick Observatory up on top of Mt. Hamilton

84f8ff4efcb620c3be146a5a6ed6d094.jpg


66430d82b0fb37e52fe578b7a4c42bc1.jpg


ee96cfba29cfb16ed6befb30572ebf66.jpg


VJ had to split due to fatherly duties calling (I.E. the wife said "get home now"..lol) so we had 4 down to the Junction where we ate lunch. Then we headed down into Livermore and gassed up. Paul split from there but we 3 needed some services that the gas station attendant said they didn't have so we scoped out a local McD's and took care of our issues and then headed for our respective homes.

013224955c35434d1f496325d818e16e.jpg
 
I'll say it again: Magnificent.

Thanks for the pics.

Edit: More pictures for your desktop and (soon) screensaver, Ferret.
 
Thread starter
We had a few people ask about the bikes and I would tell them that they only come in red. :D I got a few odd looks for that comment. ;)
 
Beautiful weather, clear roads, superb bikes, great company... a fine ride, indeed!

Kudos to Randy for setting it up. And his blue tank is a jewel. Always a pleasure to see PTM (but it's getting harder and harder to keep up with him), and it was great to meet IndianRider, who has a ton of excellent and diverse motorcycle experience; and also Pauley, who's only been back on the bike for only 400 miles after 20 years off, but he rides like he's been back on for 4000 miles! Way to navigate some tricky curves! :beerchug:

Now, let me see if any pics came out...
 
how's the road leads to Lick Observatory? You get to Lick Obs by Quimby?

I assume the scenery is lust because it is a rainy season, I went there on my first real bike the Honda VF500F many times 25 yrs ago, the rides are great, had some close calls due to dirt from adjacent mountains on the road.
 
Well, how cool is that? Oddly after all this time, the blue looks out of place lol.

Yes Cormanus, third pic down is a keeper, great bikes magnificent background.

Boy 5 bikes is going to be hard to beat.

Very cool guys!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Well, how cool is that? Oddly after all this time, the blue looks out of place lol.

Yes Cormanus, third pic down is a keeper, great bikes magnificent background.

Boy 5 bikes is going to be hard to beat.

Very cool guys!
Nah....it's just unique. :D

The ferret_imp said:
Well, how cool is that? Oddly after all this time, the blue looks out of place lol.

Yes Cormanus, third pic down is a keeper, great bikes magnificent background.

Boy 5 bikes is going to be hard to beat.

Very cool guys!
Not if people show up at that rally out east somewhere later this year. I forget where and I'm too lazy to look it up. :P
 
Randy, Rolls, PTM and Indianrider - Great ride today. It was great to meet up with y'all and check out some cool sites and awesome roads! Glad everyone made it home safely.

Randy thanks for lunch. I'll buy next time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wow 4 red, and 1 blue. Need a white to make an American flag!

Calling all Texans. Surely if we meet in the center between , Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio; we could get more than 5 CB1100s together.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I had a great time today and it was a bummer I had to split from Mt Hamilton. The baby is really cutting into my riding time but I couldn't wait to get home for the little one to welcome me with a smile and a diaper change ..

It was a pleasure meeting everyone thanks to Randy for leading the group.

Why take pics of red bikes anymore when all of them look the same so we made sure Randys was in the center

Enjoy the pics


30f5356955b346cf9b47f86b8fb1a208.jpg


848b15401927a407afd27043c9a0ea3a.jpg
 
Randy B_imp said:
We had a few people ask about the bikes and I would tell them that they only come in red. :D I got a few odd looks for that comment. ;)
If you didn't notice in the pics , Randy's headlight bulb is blue as well :beerchug:
 
Guth_imp said:
Sounds like it was a great day. Sure made for some great photos!
Rolls took some more shots with the 5 of us standing by our bikes up on the top of Mt Hamilton by the observatory that will be posted up here soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pauley and IndianRider, great to meet you guys! Keep in touch and let's all get together and ride again. I probably split about 50/50 between solo and group rides these days but it's always good to have a riding buddy or two, so PM me if you ever want to hit the Santa Cruz and Peninsula hills.

Randy, thanks for the lunch!

Rolls, glad you made it out today. I'm sure I'll see you on one of the South Bay or Peninsula mellow groups again soon ish.. get that pit stop done first though!

I have video uploading to YouTube right now.. going to take a little while though. My Drift camera is not such great quality but for what I paid for it I can't complain too much.
 
Back
Top