And now, for something completely different

It needs context. Should be on the bike, Corona commercial beach scene, plastic pink flamingo to one side.
Young lady in beach attire walking away to one side.
Yeah, I like it in context. Ala Carte, not so much.

Ben
 
Thread starter
Since there are no screw or tool marks on the tabs, it looks like maybe it was never on the bike. Perhaps something that sounded better in theory.

Looks very spacey. If I were a professional astronomer, I would be all over this.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
I guess they decided they didn't like it?
Or they indulged a wild fantasy of turning a buck?
 
Thread starter
It reminded me of this car, that I saw in San Diego last year.

It's a Ford Galaxie.

... get it?
 
I remember the factory CB 350s and 450s with the swirly purple paint around 1973 ish?
 
Thats FUGLY!

Guess it's still a clean undented tank for the price though. 110% sure auction would end higher if this set still had factory colors
 
I think this was done by dipping in a vat with the paint floating on the top, kind of like how they do some of that camo paint on ATVs. Kind of interesting. Don't know what its called though.
 
Near my area these type of painting are call "Water Transfer Printing". It is suitable for curved or odd shape surface where paint brushing is difficult. I had seen a lots of nice printing on curved surface being done with this method.
 
zirconxi_imp said:
Near my area these type of painting are call "Water Transfer Printing". It is suitable for curved or odd shape surface where paint brushing is difficult. I had seen a lots of nice printing on curved surface being done with this method.
Thanks for the info. I just looked it up, interesting process. Also called hydro dipping.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
zirconxi_imp said:
Near my area these type of painting are call "Water Transfer Printing". It is suitable for curved or odd shape surface where paint brushing is difficult. I had seen a lots of nice printing on curved surface being done with this method.
Thanks for the info. I just looked it up, interesting process. Also called hydro dipping.
Thanks for the info. I just looked it up, interesting process. Also called hydro dipping. Yes, we have a couple of companies here that do hydro-dipping. They can do amazing stuff and it is a really simple process. I saw a car with the hood dipped to look like carbon fiber. It looked like the real thing. Not that I've seen the real thing...
 
Thread starter
If I don’t buy that tank for my CB, perhaps I’ll grab this tank cover for my Bonneville, currently available near me on Offer Up.

Or both!
 
Back
Top