An update on my spoke wheel conversion.

FLYTYM_imp

Been there
Thread starter
After some digging I’m fineally making some progress on some part numbers on the spoke wheel conversion on a 2014 Standard. From what I’ve found the part numbers are the same for 2014-2016 ABS model,not sure about the compatibility with a non ABS model. The only models sold with spoke wheels were all models not sold in the U.S. but do have pretty much the part numbers I need but I can’t buy the parts from any U.S. Honda dealer,none that I’ve found any way. The parts needed I believe are front,rear hubs,rear caliper bracket and longer brake line. Once I get everything I need I’ll do a mock up and look into the issue of the fabricated axel spacers AUSSIEFLYER had to make for his conversion. I’ve got a contact in Japan so worst case scenario I’ll have him send me the parts.
 
Or use samurider.
 
Well thats debatable. They do provide a softer ride right? Spokes flex. I don’t know how much.
 
They take longer to clean.
 
LikeAfox_imp said:
Is there an actual benefit to having spoked wheels?
Good question. Yes, there's two benefits:

1. They just look cool! Yep that's subjective, each to their own.

2. There can be a slight performance benefit due to Cb1100 spoked wheels being lighter than the mag wheels. The lighter wheels allow the bike to steer a little quicker and for the suspension to act bit faster. To get these benefits it's necessary to use the lightest tyre set up possible which means eliminating the tyre tubes and using tubeless tyres. I used an Outex tubeless conversion kit and refitted the original Dunlops - the handling improvement was noticeable and welcome however tubeless spoked wheels on a Cb1100 does not a hyper sports make!
 
Thread starter
And I forgot one major benefit,staggered wheel sizes. If the mags came in a 19-17 I’d consider a silver,black set.
 
I for one would have preferred mag. wheels on my 2017 but it would probably cost a small fortune to change all the brake parts as well as the wheels.
 
Thread starter
This winter I had hoped to get a lot of work done on my bike but a car project had other plans. The cars done,for now so I want to get into the bike project here soon even though I'll miss out on summer. Plans call for a smoothed and Re contoured rear fender,100% fabricated rear taillight,the only thing I didn't make is the actual lens and bulb holder. CB1100 F front fender,hidden turn signals,a set of horns that will scare the pi$$ out of somebody dumb enough to give me a reason to blast them. PC engine covers and brake calipers and paint by Scott Sullivan. If there's anybody here that's into hot rods that go back 30 + years the name Scott Sullivan should be familiar. I've made a pattern in the style of an old Kerker header that I'll have made to slip on the existing pipe which will be fully polished. I really want to put a fairing on the bike but can't find anything that will work. I might spend the money

1100 F fender [url=https://postimg.cc/9rfDhGhJ]
 
Back
Top