Am I priced wrong?

jdinaz_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello all, I have my 2014 Deluxe for sale, it has a Moriwaki exhaust and power commander installed and I am asking $8500. I've had a few inquires and a nasty email from the CL ad telling me I'm out of my mind. So I'm interested in opinions on where I have it priced? Do folks shy away due to the mods? I know I did at first and figured I would put it back to stock until I lived with the Moriwaki for a bit. Now, no way I would pull that exhaust off. All dealer installed and adjusted on the dyno. All input is welcome from the experts here....thanks !!
 
In the Denver market, you're about $2500-$3000 too high. Not sure about your area, however. If it were my bike, I'd return it to stock and sell the exhaust and power commander separately. I think it'd appeal to a broader market.
 
It seems to me that, if there are still new 2014 standards to be had for $7K or thereabouts, you’ve immediately got some serious competition. The big question is: what are other DLXs on the market fetching?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It seems to me that, if there are still new 2014 standards to be had for $7K or thereabouts, you’ve immediately got some serious competition. The big question is: what are other DLXs on the market fetching?

When I sold my Honda CB500X with mods I found that most looking for a used bike were more interested in a lower price than the mods. So I took the mods off and sold them separately on EBay. I ended up getting more overall that way than trying to sell them altogether. Might want to try that as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
As a fellow DLX owner, I don't think you're crazy, especially if you throw in stock pipes. I think that the Moriwaki should command at least a $1000 premium. I think the stock bike should bring a $1500 premium vs a STD. I'd expect you'll get $7500+.
 
I think it is the most desirable year and model of the CB1100 and those pipes look great . I use Craigslist a lot and you can meet both great and not so great people on there. as for your price i think it is a great starting point as everyone will try to bring to down some and i post with that in mind. seldom do you get your investment back from a Motorcycle so good luck.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all...1500 miles on it and I expected to come down, maybe I'll drop the starting point and see what happens. I don't have the stock pipes, or I would put it back to stock. Again, thanks for the opinions and responses.
 
Good luck, jdinaz. I suspect chync is right about the effect of mods on price—i.e. you won’t get your money back. My limited experience of selling vehicles leads me to believe that, if people think the price is too high, they simply won’t respond to the advertisement. Dropping the price a little might well elicit a response.
 
I think it's a great starting price. Of course you have to consider that I am in California and paid over $10k for my 2014 Standard. Maybe you should list it in california? If I didn't have mine, I'd be interested!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I normally think aftermarket pipes lower the value of a bike but those 4 into 4 add to it, at least a little bit, IMO. I think the price is okay but you need wider exposure. Put an add up on cycletrader as it gives you national exposure (and it is free).

So few of these come on the market that some potential buyers (like me at one time) stopped looking on a regular basis so it may take a while to find a buyer.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Good luck, jdinaz. I suspect chync is right about the effect of mods on price—i.e. you won’t get your money back. My limited experience of selling vehicles leads me to believe that, if people think the price is too high, they simply won’t respond to the advertisement. Dropping the price a little might well elicit a response.
Typical situation for H-D riders. Rarely does the selling price equal what is "invested". The challenge is that the prospective buyer may either want a stock bike or may want different mods.

My preference is an unmolested bike that I can mod as I want.

I understand that the exhaust has been dialed in, so removing it may affect the tuning...the point is that mods which the owner expects to add value may not do so.
 
You might consider advertising the bike is standard trim, unmodified, for a fair price with the option to buy the accessories for an additional amount. Hopefully the buyer will want a few accessories and you'll only have to remove those that didn't get purchased.
 
Just my opinion, mods detract.

As far as what you’re asking, I have a bone stock DLX that’s not for sale and I wish it was worth that much.
 
But he no longer has the stock pipes. So the option of returning the bike to stock is not available.
 
As said from other members, sell the bike without mods. I tried to sold my previous bike with mods, none asked for it. Removed the mods, sold the bike immediately at lower price, but I've sold the mods getting at the final more money.

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
 
He can't sell the bike without mods and who wouldn't want a 4 into 4 exhaust on a retro? I think he needs wider exposure. Put it up on ebay and Cycletrader and Autotrader's motorcycle subsection too.
 
There's a small market for the CB1100, and an even smaller market for a 2014-Dlx (which is what I have). It's a matter of finding the 'right' buyer - so I agree with 'postoak' that a wider exposure is necessary if you want a premium price.
 
Back
Top