Alternative tank

cbsheep_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I remember seeing one of the picture in the forum that has a bigger tank on the CB1100. It was red and the sides were not carved in like the original tank. Is there an alternative tank we can buy? Thanks
 
cbsheep_imp said:
I remember seeing one of the picture in the forum that has a bigger tank on the CB1100. It was red and the sides were not carved in like the original tank. Is there an alternative tank we can buy? Thanks
You're probably referring to the tank from Whitehouse out of Japan. I'm sure someone else here will come up with a link for you.
 
skeeter5070_imp said:
Nice tank, I wonder if you still get the great view of the motor from the drivers position ??
Good question. The way the engine buldges out from the sides of the bike is one of my favorite design elements of the CB. It reminds me a lot of the I-6 in the CBX.
 
It's a good tank and not bad looking and I'm sure it has a larger capacity, but the original tank is exceptionally beautiful and one of the best features of the bike. JMO
 
skeeter5070_imp said:
Nice tank, I wonder if you still get the great view of the motor from the drivers position ??
I dunno. I don't find myself looking down at the engine while I'm riding at all.. I might prefer to have an extra half gallon of fuel capacity instead. But I'm pretty happy either way :)
 
The alternative tank you saw was part of a CB750 kit made for the CB1100.
Tank, side covers, seat and front fender/headlight holder look like CB750K1.
Kit is all the rage in Japan and now Europe. Price on package $6-8K US $'s.
Whitehouse in Japan is the manufacturer and the have a cafe bike kit also.
 
Back
Top