the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Went down to a local Honda Kawasaki shop I worked at for 7 years and ordered up some standard maintenance items for the CB and my ST.
I ordered air cleaners for both bikes, brake pads for all 4 wheels, 1/2 dozen oil filters, 4 spark plugs for the CB, 2 gallons of GN4 engine oil, a bottle of Hypoid gear oil for the ST's rear end, 2 muffler bands for the ST, a can of chain lube for the CB, and a Motion Pro spark plug wrench as recommended by another forum member for the CB.
Figured I would spend about $400, but the total bill came to $730.00 plus $34 tax.
YEE GADS!
Hope I don't need any tires soon!
Glad I ride motorcycles for the economy. :rofl:
I ordered air cleaners for both bikes, brake pads for all 4 wheels, 1/2 dozen oil filters, 4 spark plugs for the CB, 2 gallons of GN4 engine oil, a bottle of Hypoid gear oil for the ST's rear end, 2 muffler bands for the ST, a can of chain lube for the CB, and a Motion Pro spark plug wrench as recommended by another forum member for the CB.
Figured I would spend about $400, but the total bill came to $730.00 plus $34 tax.
YEE GADS!
Hope I don't need any tires soon!
Glad I ride motorcycles for the economy. :rofl:

Especially when you're maintaining more than one bike.
) It's only an economical alternative to a car IF you get rid of a car and replace it with a motorcycle. Even then you're not on easy street after you spend the 10 or 11K on the bike and then the expensive rider wear....For most of us it's more like a hobby and doesn't replace any car for various reasons like family size, need to transport items, weather, winter, etc.