wildezt_imp
Been there
Whew!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Indeed. :-/wildezt_imp said:Whew!
Thanks, me too!EmptySea_imp said:Glad you didn't.![]()

Yep that is an Idiot.Elipten_imp said:Idiot! Imagine the 1200s Monster, 145 hp approx 450lbs. Must know your limits!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think that was because the kid who owned the bike (holding Ducati helmet who'd been jostled off it so his 'friend' could show him how to wheelie it) was looking slightly pissed off at what he did to his brand new bike.Elipten_imp said:And he is more worried about the bike than his personal health. The adrenalin lasted what 20 to 30 seconds?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He meant to do that.Tortuga_imp said:Talking of slipping on oil, check out this fool;
He meant to do that.The Spaceman_imp said:He meant to do that.Tortuga_imp said:Talking of slipping on oil, check out this fool;
Lol, yeah, it's like "please make that didn't happened God!" :blush:pechorin75_imp said:It's funny, though, watching these crash vids, how often the people immediately jump up and start trying to lift the bike. Part of it's probably adrenaline, but there must be a pretty strong embarrassment factor too. It's kinda like they're thinking, "Maybe if I get this thing picked up right away, nobody will notice!"
Despite the fact that somebody's standing there with a video camera...
Hope your hand heals up double fast Hiker.HikerToo_imp said:Not sure if it counts...but I had a mountain bike crash( over the handle bars) due to some roots Saturday, sprained 3 fingers, having trouble using my CB1100 clutch hand....bummer, but if I can hurt myself that quick and bad on a bicycle going <5MPH, don't want to think of what a motorcycle could do. ( although I've had 2 over last 25 years)
hy:The details. All the details, but can't find the video anywhere.The Spaceman_imp said:There's a video I wish I could find where a guy rides a bike straight into a brick wall. The wall is at the end of a 7-11 parking lot. As he pulls in he sees someone standing in front of the store (Silent Bob?) so he guns it to show off. The bike goes ass-up and he slams his head (no helmet) so hard his flip-flops come off. He hopped right up and entered the store!

Yeah I saw that while I was researching the CB.VTR1000F_imp said:here you can see a nice example of diesel spill crash: YouTube
my bike is nolonger pristine, it is laid down, not by me by my son. He wants to learn how to ride motorcycle on my bike. I say NO. When I tell him to go riding with me in backseat, he says it is boring and insists I let him to ride my bike. Well, I give in, take him out HS parking lot to teach him fundamental and tell him to go very slow. Within 10 min, the bike is on the ground on the left side!!!Tortuga_imp said:So I was out with Mrs. T a week or so ago when at a particular roundabout I smell diesel. Cautiously I enter the roundabout and see the patch of freshly spilt diesel which I gingerly mince around and avoid.
On the way back I give the same slick a wide berth and we get home safe and sound.
Today, I rode out and ended up at the same place, this time approaching from a different angle. My eyes were originally on the car to my left waiting to join the roundabout, which stayed put. Then I focused on the exit of the roundabout and looked for my line of drive.
I was using my limited peripheral vision to scan for spills on the road, but saw none, until it was too late.
My front tyre washed out like I'd hit ice. In a split second I goosed it, sat her up a bit, cleared the patch of diesel, smelled it , and made eye contact with the driver to my left who was all "wtf just happened?". I carried on, arse twitching for a few seconds, and then thought how lucky I'd been.
If I'd have throttled off, I'd have gone down. The bike felt Fur King heavy when it slipped. I'd never have caught it on my own, the bikes torque and the fact I had the revs in the mid range (4500 rpm ish) it picked up and got through the oil.
Scary stuff. I got home as quickly as I could and warmed up with a nice ale and some comfy clothing.
Good to be home! :beerchug:
Have any of you guys had a scare?