Almost....almost fell over today....Rev's way up!

Razorbacjac_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Turned my throttle in reaction without thinking. Rev's way up. How well will this engine handle that?:-/ Don't want to damaged it. Boy did she whine.:( Had her Neutral.
 
Razorbacjac_imp said:
Turned my throttle in reaction without thinking. Rev's way up. How well will this engine handle that?:-/ Don't want to damaged it. Boy did she whine.:( Had her Neutral.
No harm done, there's a rev limiter
 
Rev limiter should have looked after it. Apart from that this engine is just about bullet proof. A little touch of red line fever won't worry it.

Cheers.
Sorry CIP, you just beat me to it :).
 
In my youth I started on the late 70s CBs and I would regularly ride it to their limits. Both its rev and speed limits! I forget exactly, but it was north of 100. At lower speeds, I'd be pulling wheelies.

As pterodactyl said, they're bullet proof.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, I wasn't for sure. I stopped to get the mail but the grade of slope, was more that I thought. She started rolling forward as she was tipping also I'am short. After I got the bike settled, I turned around and a nice looking young lady of about 22 or so was looking at me with this...."Pittyful, Just Pittyful look(I'am 64). One of my senior moments.
 
Then don't worry mate. It's only your pride that's damaged. I dropped a bike in a slow speed turn on a coated car park floor a couple of years ago and I was then older than you are now. There I was, standing astride my bike which was having a little lay down with a pretty young thing asking me if I was "alright" in a daughterly tone. Mate if I had been struck down by a lighting bolt right there and then it wouldn't have mattered.

Cheers, pride does heal.
 
I'll get in before the Spaceman: you both wasted an opportunity!
 
Insolentsquid_imp said:
Newton's third and a half law of motion.

You can NEVER drop you bike in private.
As far as I know, both my drops that were away from home happened with no witnesses. Am I the luckiest dude there is or what?!
 
Rest easy. I've pegged the limiter on mine a few times. Banging 1-2, I have occasionally hit N and hit it. That's what it's there for... Idiots like me trying to go as fast as possible. If it makes you feel any better, the night after my friend got his CBR1000, we rode to a fast food place and him, not used to extra 180lbs compared to his 550, makes the corner too tight and dumps it in the parking lot. To add insult to injury, he had to wait till I got off my bike to help him pick it up. Crap happens :)
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Insolentsquid_imp said:
Newton's third and a half law of motion.

You can NEVER drop you bike in private.
As far as I know, both my drops that were away from home happened with no witnesses. Am I the luckiest dude there is or what?!
As far as I know, both my drops that were away from home happened with no witnesses. Am I the luckiest dude there is or what?!
No witnesses, no photos. It didn't happen :).

Cheers
 
Back
Top