Alleys of Old Castile. (Spain)

pachelo_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hello everyone.

Taking advantage of the good weather in this balmy September (in USA what you call "Indian Summer"), I made a trip of a day by old roads of Castile (Spain), where people of the Middle Ages, the fourteenth century, XV, XVI.

Here I am in the castle of Ampudia (see Google Maps). A thirteenth-century castle.

2d69c20f206d9c51e286a851be42f02a.jpg


30369f7a0be462989946953936bdee54.jpg


Then by old villages of Castile.

0e636f6f9cce434d96def3ed9be994b8.jpg


eb0f956468843e0171d89fd1cad64b24.jpg


c4702fcd901105adb4d1eebfc879329b.jpg


Here I am in a town called "Antiguedad" (see on Google Maps).
In this village there is tradition of aviation pilots, and a few years ago this was placed F4 Phantom of the Spanish Air Army.

2ba63eddfe5aea157d3383a723b01cca.jpg


I hope you liked it.
 
Beautiful...especially so for me as it is currently snowing about 90 miles from here. Love the pic of the narrow street. Thanks
 
Great pics pachelo. I love old castles and have seen some of the German ones but never been to Spain (but I've been to Oklahoma).


EmptySea_imp said:
Beautiful...especially so for me as it is currently snowing about 90 miles from here. Love the pic of the narrow street. Thanks
That would be me MTC. I'll be closer to balmy Chicago today because I'm moving my In-laws out of Milwaukee (trip #14) up to my winter wonderland.
 
Very, very cool Pachelo! Thanks for sharing. Love looking at these pictures of history still alive today.

Beautiful bike, by the way :thumbsup:
 
Excellent post, Pachelo! Northern Spain looks like a great place to ride
 
Thanks for sharing, Pachelo. Great pictures.
 
Back
Top