Alex walks on the wild side

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
My dear friend Alex is currently fullfilling his life dream, to do a motorcycle trip thru the Rockies, Alberta, BC, Yukon up to Alaska and back.

Currently he's in Utah:


Here is his blog (well, it's in German and you may want to use Google translate):
Alex walks on the wild side
 
what an awesome thing to do. He is going to see and experience such cool things. Did he ship his bike over for the trip or buy one here? and what is it? lol got so much extra stuff on it I can't tell.
 
Very cool! I've followed the Rockies up through central B.C., but have always wanted to keep going all the way to Alaska.

BTW, that pic is from Colorado. Coal Bank Pass is on the road between Silverton and Durango.

b00aed95a2041d884cd9a50024a70958.jpg
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
what an awesome thing to do. He is going to see and experience such cool things. Did he ship his bike over for the trip or buy one here? and what is it? lol got so much extra stuff on it I can't tell.
The bike is a BMW F800GS Adventure. He bought it new here in Germany last year. It has a German registration (see licence plate) and was shipped from Germany to LA.

49da9953ab13b39dec60ae018d65ac4b.jpg


He plans 6 month for the trip.
 
Wow... 6 months on the road in awesome place. How lucky is Alex? Wish I had done something like this when I was young and single.
 
Nice for Alex to stimulate the economy for six months on his motorcycle, it will be good to follow his adventure. Django thank you for posting the link, do you know Alex? Regarding registration I recall seeing a German registered four wheel drive adventure vehicle in Melbourne last summer so it must be possible to do that here as well.

Once again thanks.
 
Thread starter
noroomtomove_imp said:
Nice for Alex to stimulate the economy for six months on his motorcycle, it will be good to follow his adventure. Django thank you for posting the link, do you know Alex? Regarding registration I recall seeing a German registered four wheel drive adventure vehicle in Melbourne last summer so it must be possible to do that here as well.

Once again thanks.
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
 
Django_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Nice for Alex to stimulate the economy for six months on his motorcycle, it will be good to follow his adventure. Django thank you for posting the link, do you know Alex? Regarding registration I recall seeing a German registered four wheel drive adventure vehicle in Melbourne last summer so it must be possible to do that here as well.

Once again thanks.
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
It had German EU registration plates.
 
Thread starter
noroomtomove_imp said:
Django_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Nice for Alex to stimulate the economy for six months on his motorcycle, it will be good to follow his adventure. Django thank you for posting the link, do you know Alex? Regarding registration I recall seeing a German registered four wheel drive adventure vehicle in Melbourne last summer so it must be possible to do that here as well.

Once again thanks.
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
It had German EU registration plates.
Good to know. That means, I could also ship my bike to down under and explore your great country on my own bike. :thumbsup:
 
That's going to be an awesome ride. Tons of great highways and secondary roads to explore in AB and BC. Totally worth allocating 6 months to it, as the trip up there is deceptively long.
 
Django_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Django_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Nice for Alex to stimulate the economy for six months on his motorcycle, it will be good to follow his adventure. Django thank you for posting the link, do you know Alex? Regarding registration I recall seeing a German registered four wheel drive adventure vehicle in Melbourne last summer so it must be possible to do that here as well.

Once again thanks.
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
He's a friend of mine and is one of the regulars, I do my tours with. It was his life dream, to do this adventure.

Regarding restistration, I guess, this is different to the case you mentioned. His bike is registered in Germany and has a German licence plate. I guess he has some extra insurance, and that's all to ride in the USA.

What you was talking about is registering a foreign vehicle in Australia, not bringing an already outside registered vehicle to Australia?
It had German EU registration plates.
Good to know. That means, I could also ship my bike to down under and explore your great country on my own bike. :thumbsup:
Good to know. That means, I could also ship my bike to down under and explore your great country on my own bike. :thumbsup:
Django, I'd check very carefully first. There are some crazy regulations in this country.
 
Back
Top