Airhawk2 seat pad

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just ordered the airhawk2 seat pad model # AH2PLN. 11x9 should fit the front part of the seat if not I can return for refund or exchange. I will post when I get it Thursday
eacd194073f21cef79fed468648de89d.jpg
 
I have a regular Airhawk (Airhawk1, I guess) that I use on my cruisers for multi-day jaunts and it rocks. I often ride two gas stops with and then a couple without to change the seating a bit. My wife will use hers (constantly) for anything over 150 miles.
 
I bought an Airhawk last year and they are nice on long journeys, especially on the Interstates.
On twisty roads they are less desirable as you feel somewhat disconnected to the bike.
I have tried sheepskin, beads, monkey butt powder on long trips.
All work ok to some degree .
Took my 2014 DLX out again and I think that I lean towards using a Corbin seat on that one as well.
I like the little wider part of the Corbin and the back support if you sit back in the seat, on the stock you slide more forward and on the Corbin you slide back.
 
I'm also a big fan of the Airhawk series....currently use a medium cruiser size Airhawk 2 on my big Triumph for long hauls and love it. I recently found out there is new Airhawk DS that may fit the CB1100 seats well.
 
I've been running the A/H standard cruiser seat on the CB from Day 1. I bought it for my DL1000 and kept it when I sold that bike. Its a perfect fit on the OEM saddle and makes all-day rides a breeze. Best $80 I ever spent on any bike, by far.

I do like the looks of this other model though. The cruiser style doesn't look that great when I'm off the bike.
 
I just got the Airhawk R. It is very comfortable. I plan to use it for trips longer than a couple hrs.
6a122ef6955678297f254079a726ff64.jpg

3fc4cfabe60500354ccba7ba13612e86.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wouldn't travel any distance on the CB without an AirHawk. I think mine's the small cruiser model like Hittheroads.
 
I am willing to try anything at this point, but lord it looks lumpy and fugly.

How does it attach to the seat.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
The Airhawk R does come with straps. It looks lumpy because of the individual baffles are only filled with about 1/4 with air. Once you sit on it, you can't even tell there's baffles. It's defiantly worth the money.
 
Hittheroad_imp said:
The Airhawk R does come with straps. It looks lumpy because of the individual baffles are only filled with about 1/4 with air. Once you sit on it, you can't even tell there's baffles. It's defiantly worth the money.
I've got the R version as well, and it's definitely helpful. I use it primarily because I managed to injure my tailbone last year, so sitting anywhere gets to be painful after a bit. Since the R version has the split in the center, it keeps anything from contacting. It's also made the stock seat considerably more comfortable. I've been considering lowering my bars as well, we'll see about that in a month or so.

As far as being lumpy and fugly... well, that's certainly true. However, I don't use mine if I'm only going to be on the bike for less than 30 minutes at a time, and it's really fast and easy to get off and on the bike. It'd be different if the seat were bolted on the CB.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I hope mine comes with straps. It might come tomorrow. I hope. :). My butt will be grinning lol
No photos, please, ridem32. :P
 
Thread starter
I just got home from the gambling boat. He have them on the Mississippi River they are huge. Played a little poker and rode back home it's about. 50 miles one way. Got home and my airhawk seat pad was home. It fits the front of the seat perfect ! As you can see in pics it goes rite to the hump in the drivers seat. I put it on but have not rode it yet.
b63263dd9f2e60724bc0d2db85ddb040.jpg

b2295e9344de01a58d4e9497821b1641.jpg

37950c549ae7e70ad25042db5d721862.jpg

2a60ac618deb7f22740bebabeb103170.jpg

3c1df84f62fe55855996b7d02a11a3a0.jpg
 
They are very comfortable when you're in the saddle all day.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it Michael. Remember not to have too much air in it.
 
Thread starter
I will let y'all know. I will adj the air. It says to to sit on it and let air out untill you kinda sink into it. Just sitting on it I can tell it will help some. It's a small pad made for a back pallon seat. But it seems to fit the front part of the seat fine. I will find out. If I need a bigger one I got 30 days to return it for refund or exchange.
 
Ridem,

I just ordered a Airhawk 2 for the ST. You can try it out when I get there if you want.

And I'm going to try it on my CB too of course.
 
Back
Top