AirHawk Seat

White Dog_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Bit the bullet today and ordered the AirHawk R seat cushion for my CB1100. Talked with AirHawk rep, gave her my seat measurements and how much of the seat my butt occupies. She recommended the small size (11L x 11W with 6W cut out at front. Fleabay has them for $135, free shipping.

Airhawk Cruiser R Seat Pad - RevZilla
 
I'm very happy with my AirHawk. We've been a long way together.
 
I have them on both my bikes and my rear end thanks me. The trick, White Dog, is the less air the better. Its in the instructions.
 
popgun has a mate called Bubba (about whom the less said the better) who also swears by his AirHawk.
 
You know Cormanus, I saw a show on your prisons and they look like country clubs compared to ours. Not sure if you have Australian Bubba's though... :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: I have never been to jail, prison, or Australia :D
 
Popgun, I hope you're able to change one of those states! :P
 
Thread starter
White Dog_imp said:
Bit the bullet today and ordered the AirHawk R seat cushion for my CB1100. Talked with AirHawk rep, gave her my seat measurements and how much of the seat my butt occupies. She recommended the small size (11L x 11W with 6W cut out at front. Fleabay has them for $135, free shipping.

Airhawk Cruiser R Seat Pad - RevZilla
7/21 Update
The AirHawk rep didn't ask me how wide my butt was. That's probably more of a pertinent number than the width of the seat pad. I'm sure I overflow the pad, but so far, it feels much more comfortable than the stock bench. I don't have much air in the pad and have only ridden about 10 miles with it. It was only 95° at 5 PM today, plus that is not a good time to be on a motorcycle (rush hour traffic).
 
I bought an Air Hawk for my Africa Twin. It was the latest Adventure type model I think.
I just didn't like it. I gave it a fair try, about 700+ miles. One was a 400+ Mile day.
It just plane hurt my arse! Worse than no having it... I removed it and did the same 400+mile day last week and I faired much better.

I did try different leaves of air and nothing seemed to work.

Maybe it's an bum shape thing but didn't work for me.
 
In my search for comfortable seating for my bony butt over the years, I too, tried the AirHawk. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get over the feeling of sort of sitting on top of a balloon! I didn't feel safely seated, or particularly comfortable. Kind of like I was always about to slide off the side? Obviously, these things do work for a lot of people, because I hear glowing reviews on many different motorcycle forums, which is awesome, but much to my chagrin, I just wasn't one of them. :-/
 
My wife and I tried them as well with no luck.

I also bought a pair of butt buffer gel pads for my Bonneville. Couldn't stand em. Felt squishy, especially in turns. My son also tried the Butt Buffer and couldn't stand it. Next to try it was my brother who loved it and probably has put 30,000 miles on one.

Can't explain these things.
 
Love mine. A balloon? There is not supposed to be much air in them. Less is better :)
 
Thread starter
Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone and started changing the amount of air in the dang thing and have yet to find the "magic" setting.
 
After reading all the posts regarding the Air Hawk seat pad, I remember that I purchased one a few years back when I had my Vulcan. It never worked for me then, but I found it and tried it on my CB1100. It's offer some relief to the standard seat at a cost you can live with.

Any day you can get vertical and ride your bike is a good day.
 
Thread starter
I squawked at the price of the AirHawk but I could buy about 4 of them for what a custom seat cost. Plus, I have two other cycles I could use it on--if I ever get the air right.
 
Back
Top