Air Cleaner Covers EX/DLX

michael1954

Been there
Thread starter
I do not know if this has come up yet, I cannot find it if it has, but will the Air Cleaner side covers from the EX fit directly onto the DLX? I have seen them on some other models not originally with them. I hope it is a clean swap.
 
michael1954_imp said:
I do not know if this has come up yet, I cannot find it if it has, but will the Air Cleaner side covers from the EX fit directly onto the DLX? I have seen them on some other models not originally with them. I hope it is a clean swap.
There are 2 air cleaner covers for US models - the 2017EX with the chrome trim, and the 2013-2014, and they interchange.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
I do not know if this has come up yet, I cannot find it if it has, but will the Air Cleaner side covers from the EX fit directly onto the DLX? I have seen them on some other models not originally with them. I hope it is a clean swap.
There are 2 air cleaner covers for US models - the 2017EX with the chrome trim, and the 2013-2014, and they interchange.
There are 2 air cleaner covers for US models - the 2017EX with the chrome trim, and the 2013-2014, and they interchange.
Thanks. Looking at the micro-fish, the 2017 has am extra part that cost about $21 called 'Plate'.

2014DLX
e54c91328ad88094316c66027d3642ba.png


2017EX----Part #13 on cover on top of page

17042a70805db4e3c16447007af66d84.png


The Part 13 is the only difference in the two. The DLX does not have it. Can that be the silver strip? For $22?
 
Yes, the #13 plate is extra - bling don't come cheap!

I traded my 2017 covers for 2013s brcause I didn't like the chrome. To me, it was just highlighting a fake cover over the airbox.
 
Back
Top