Aftermarket Grips

memphismike_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I tried to search this out on the forum first. Any of y'all swapped out your grips before? I have kuryakyn grips on my Shadow and GoldWing. I really would like to add a little more "beef" to the handgrips for riding. Just feel a tad small to me. Thanks in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pro Grip 714 Dual Sport grips.

These are slightly fatter than the stock grips or other standard/sport bike grips.

Been using them on the non-Harley bikes I've had even used them on a BMW R1200RT. Slightly softer "gel" feel to them.

Also tried some barrel shaped old school (fatter in middle like a bulge) and those neoprene type sleeves that go over the grips but both felt too fat and odd.

Dual sport or enduro grips are just right.

Aloha,
Huladog


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Progrip 719 Gel grips on all my bikes for years. Don't think they are any larger in diameter than the stock grips just softer/gel/cushy and more sticky
 
Grip Puppies. I've put them on most every bike I've owned in the past several years. Great improvement in vibration, and the feel of the grip (I like a larger diameter grip, too, now that I have the onset of arthritis in my hands). They just slide on over most grips. Great, cheap mod.
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Grip Puppies. I've put them on most every bike I've owned in the past several years. Great improvement in vibration, and the feel of the grip (I like a larger diameter grip, too, now that I have the onset of arthritis in my hands). They just slide on over most grips. Great, cheap mod.

What size do we need for the CB1100?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have the same issue that a lot of you have. I needed a softer larger diameter grip my Goldwing had these on it. I didn't know if I could get them to work on this bike with the bar weights. took a chance and bought some anyway. I was able to remove the chrome end cap. I used a drill bit slightly larger than the small diameter of the bar weight. Using the bit in my hand wallowed out the soft end of the grips. Looks a little unfinished on the end. My hands don't seem to care about the end so neither do I.
Kevin

 
I've had Grip Puppies and Grab On grips. The later cost half as much and in my opinion are just as good. Durability is excellent.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all. I added Grip Puppies. So far I love them. Posted a video in the video section on installation!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You inspired me MM, I went out and fitted mine.
I have two pairs and fitted the second pair to my 900F (919).
Easy peasy as you said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
You inspired me MM, I went out and fitted mine.
I have two pairs and fitted the second pair to my 900F (919).
Easy peasy as you said :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad to be some inspiration!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top