africa twin 2020

I would love to have an Africa Twin but at 5' 6" it's a bit challenging to ride such a tall bike. If Honda was to market a special lower version (as Triumph does now with the Tiger 800) I would buy one.
 
Price of the current model is now at around $17K. Optional equipment will push it north of there. While the advertising touts improvements such as cruise control. Bigger motor etc. it doesn’t mention they now have tubeless spoked rims. That to me is the biggest improvement.
 
I was looking a these, they are awesome in the dirt. The 21" front makes them the king offroad.
I was looking at the DCT version after losing my left big toe and was concerned about shifting it. In regular shoes shifting isn't a concern, motocross boots are out post-surgery. I really like the auto, toe or no toe.
Loaded up like they are makes them comparable to the GS bimmers, better with a 21 front in my mind.


ACK
 
From what I've read they are supposed to be lighter, with more power, and a lower seat height this year.

What I can't get is how they get 100 HP (water cooled I know) out of a p twin and our I4's are limited to 90. :(
 
If I were to replace the CB, the Africa Twin is one of the top contenders. There's a couple of new 17s in my area for just over $10k, which makes me optimistic about the used market in a couple of years.

I do wonder how about comfort and wind-fatigue on longer rides, anyone have any experience?
 
moto: You are talkin' sweet talk to me.

I recently traded my CB1100 (and NC750X) for an Africa Twin CRF1000. The motive was comfort and riding conditions versatility. So far no complaints. However, a better report assessment will come once consistent riding weather resumes.
 
GoldOxide - Please keep me posted.

I'm not sure why, but I've struggled with comfort on longer rides on the CB. It's a combination of seat discomfort and wind-fatigue. After about two hours of 65+mph, I feel gassed.

I've never ridden a Harley or Goldwing, but I am curious how those feel at highway speeds. I assume they must be comfortable, because I routinely see local Goldwings with 70k+ miles on them.

At 75mph on the CB, I feel like I'm going to fly off!
 
10-4 MW.

My CB saddle limit was about 75 minutes per journey segment. After that, thoughts of cramping legs become inconvenient. Can you imagine a Charlie Horse, calf-muscle cramp, and a nose bleed simultaneously happening while sailing on the sweet CB? Joy.

- - -

RE "fly off": Some sort of wind screen will help. I used a Dart Marlin. Reasonable to shed maybe 50% wind load up to maybe 120 km/h.
 
This is crazy ...

Keep in mind the 202x Honda Africa Twin DCT is more than double the weight of the average dirt bike.

Warning: Viewer might get motion sickness during some of the video frames.




Clearly this rider is highly talented.
 
Back
Top