Aerostitch wallet

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Aerostitch is a pretty big name in the MC world, especially with touring and ADV guys. I have a buddy that swears by Aerostitch gear. It's a little pricey for my blood, but my son got a wallet from them that he showed me on the Men's Fall Trip and seeing as how my old wallet, a cordura Bagman wallet (brand of soft motorcycle gear designed by Craig Vetter from the 70's lol) was getting long in the tooth, I ordered one up for myself. Awfully nice wallet.

http://www.aerostich.com/world-s-thinnest-wallets-executive.html

My son has the nylon version. I ordered the leather version (turns out only the outside is leather, the inside is nylon just like my son's.) Everything I thought wouldn't fit from my old wallet fits with ease. The only thing is, it' so thin I keep feeling my rear pocket to see if it's still there.

No more sitting on a 1" thick lump on one side.
 
Thread starter
:rofl: Exactly
 
Genius. I like your new wallet, Ferret.
 
He got a new friend...
 
Thread starter
You'll like it Suhawk, except for the times when you think you lost it cause you can't feel the lump in your pocket
 
Except don't put it in your back pocket while you're sitting down. Even Jerry's trendy European number will eventually induce back damage.
 
My wallet doesn't bother me when I ride. Must be the seating position. I did, however, find out that it was really painful when driving my truck (which I don't usually do often). Earlier this month I had to drive it 3,000 miles in the span of a week and after the first day, my right leg and lower back were killing me. Had to leave the wallet in the console, which I would invariably forget every time I stopped for gas. I think I'll have to try one of these Aerostich wallets. Thanks, Mickey!
 
A few years back an Australian member of the CB500 Forum set out on a holiday trip. When he stopped for gas and accommodation he found his wallet was no longer in his back pocket. No money for gas or a motel, and a long, long way from home.

Every since I read that, I kept my wallet zippered in the front pocket of my leather jacket. After leaving a stop I can always assure myself its still there by putting my hand on the pocket.
 
Nice Aerostich, grampa Ferret! Can't believe you were still walking around with a brick of old Harbor Freight coupons in your back pocket.

Constanza wallets are a thing of the past! For years I've been using Big Skinny Wallets.
 
Had one of these for years Ferret. Also a Stich boot wallet
Use the boot wallet on long rides
 
I've been a front pocket wallet guy since I had a bout of Sciatica when I had these 5 hour drives to teachers college and would visit my wife on the weekends. Front pocket wallet, always.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You'll like it Suhawk, except for the times when you think you lost it cause you can't feel the lump in your pocket
My wife bought me one for Christmas. I was surprised how many credit/debit, ID, medical etc. cards this wallet will hold and remains to be flat. When I go out somewhere, I always have a feeling I forgot my wallet when I actually have it in my back pocket.
You are dead-on-right about this wallet Ferret. Thanks.
 
Thread starter
Good deal Suhawk! I know what you mean They are amazing.
 
I'm with Nortoon. The only place for my wallet is in the zippered pocket inside my jacket.
One day years ago I was riding far from home, and for no particular reason I reached back to check my wallet in my back pocket to find it had almost wiggled out and was ready to fly into the weeds.
No more back pocket on a bike for me!
 
Speaking of zippered jacket pockets, it's prudent to always carry a spare key (in your jacket or on your bike). I had to rely on my spare key once in the last 30 years and would have been totally screwed if I hadn't had it.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Speaking of zippered jacket pockets, it's prudent to always carry a spare key (in your jacket or on your bike). I had to rely on my spare key once in the last 30 years and would have been totally screwed if I hadn't had it.
I never leave home without a spare ignition key.
Haven't ever needed one in 25 years, but better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it :D :D
 
Back
Top