Aerostitch wallet

Houtman_imp said:
I also have a spare key on all my bikes but do not keep it under the seat !!! (figure out why )
..cuz when your original is lost, the spare is locked under the seat , so one needs the 3rd one :P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I also have a spare key on all my bikes but do not keep it under the seat !!! (figure out why )
..cuz when your original is lost, the spare is locked under the seat , so one needs the 3rd one :P
..cuz when your original is lost, the spare is locked under the seat , so one needs the 3rd one :P
Believe it or not, I actually thought to do this (doh!) It wasn't until I reached for the key to open the seat that I understood the depths of my idiocy.... In my (albeit limited) defense, I've had bikes with seats that can be pulled to reveal the tool sack that don't require a key...
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
For the past five years I have using the Ultra Slim Sport Wallet by Allet. Waterproof, very slim, perfect for the front pocket. Good ol' made in 'merica durability.

Slim Wallets with RFID Blocking Technology - Allett Wallets

The purchase was motivated by me getting caught in the rain without gear too many times. My old wallet became water-logged, cracked and sorry. The Allet product has kept things dry and secure.
I bought what I thought was going to be a compact wallet at the end of last year. It only held a few cards and a small amount of cash. It had a cool magnetic closure. What I didn't realize was how much thickness the magnets added once you put cards and money in the thing.

So I'd been thinking about getting a different wallet and when I ran across this thread, I immediately ordered the Aerostich wallet. Well, it just arrived and guess what?

0ec09e598e19f02112c48b2b7a680866.jpg


ba31a54c286b61362a2d637946ae0c6d.jpg


There really wasn't a premium to pay to Aerostich as the pass-through. Their price for the leather non-RFID is USD $35 and Allett's online price is USD $39.95.
 
I recall some Allett models being somewhat premium. I think the model you show is much larger than mine. In any case, all my leather wallets died slow deaths with every unexpected down pour I got caught in. The Allett does feel "wheezy", but functionally it is performing far better than I expected. It even handles sweat. May your experience be hopefully good.
 
Thread starter
I didnt have those cards or that thin name strip in my Aerostich wallet, but it does have a little A in one corner.
 
Thread starter
Mine must be the Executive as well at 5" x 3 3/4" although I thought at Aerostitch they just offered nylon and leather (although the leather is just one one side). My son got the nylon first, then I got the leather.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I recall some Allett models being somewhat premium. I think the model you show is much larger than mine. In any case, all my leather wallets died slow deaths with every unexpected down pour I got caught in. The Allett does feel "wheezy", but functionally it is performing far better than I expected. It even handles sweat. May your experience be hopefully good.
So far it's excellent in terms of comfort. This is easily the nicest wallet I've ever owned. I really like the minimalism and suppleness.
 
Stichill_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I recall some Allett models being somewhat premium. I think the model you show is much larger than mine. In any case, all my leather wallets died slow deaths with every unexpected down pour I got caught in. The Allett does feel "wheezy", but functionally it is performing far better than I expected. It even handles sweat. May your experience be hopefully good.
So far it's excellent in terms of comfort. This is easily the nicest wallet I've ever owned. I really like the minimalism and suppleness.
So far it's excellent in terms of comfort. This is easily the nicest wallet I've ever owned. I really like the minimalism and suppleness.
A big +1 on that Stichill, I took great pleasure throwing my old wallet in the trash.
 
The ferret_imp said:
money clips?
Lol No! I don't carry enough cash on me to deserve a clip. I usually just carry a $20 bill, D.L., and bank card, that's it. For some odd reason I do not like to carry stuff in my pants pockets, not to mention sit on a wallet. The biggest item is the cell phone, usually front pocket. Now with these new smart watches that behave like cell phones, and can also make payments on some cash registers just by touching the card reader, I may leave the phone at home too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 
SanPete_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
money clips?
Lol No! I don't carry enough cash on me to deserve a clip. I usually just carry a $20 bill, D.L., and bank card, that's it. For some odd reason I do not like to carry stuff in my pants pockets, not to mention sit on a wallet. The biggest item is the cell phone, usually front pocket. Now with these new smart watches that behave like cell phones, and can also make payments on some cash registers just by touching the card reader, I may leave the phone at home too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ferret, what are the chances of you getting a smart watch like SanPete and leaving your credit cards and money at home? :D
 
Stichill_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I recall some Allett models being somewhat premium. I think the model you show is much larger than mine. In any case, all my leather wallets died slow deaths with every unexpected down pour I got caught in. The Allett does feel "wheezy", but functionally it is performing far better than I expected. It even handles sweat. May your experience be hopefully good.
So far it's excellent in terms of comfort. This is easily the nicest wallet I've ever owned. I really like the minimalism and suppleness.
So far it's excellent in terms of comfort. This is easily the nicest wallet I've ever owned. I really like the minimalism and suppleness.
:thumbsup: Excellent. Me too.
 
Thread starter
Stichill_imp said:
SanPete_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
money clips?
Lol No! I don't carry enough cash on me to deserve a clip. I usually just carry a $20 bill, D.L., and bank card, that's it. For some odd reason I do not like to carry stuff in my pants pockets, not to mention sit on a wallet. The biggest item is the cell phone, usually front pocket. Now with these new smart watches that behave like cell phones, and can also make payments on some cash registers just by touching the card reader, I may leave the phone at home too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ferret, what are the chances of you getting a smart watch like SanPete and leaving your credit cards and money at home? :D
ferret, what are the chances of you getting a smart watch like SanPete and leaving your credit cards and money at home? :D
LongRanger_imp said:
lol I can't speak for Ferret but it's less than a 0% chance for me!

Me? Lol... Less chance than LongRanger's.
 
I have dumb smartwatches that do routine activities, mostly event alerts. I used to use my smartphone for wireless purchases linked to a Visa card a few years ago. It worked, but for some reason I weened off it. It may have been all the different reward options at the cash register. Dunno. So now I just use an app to have scan my various reward cards because there are just too many to carry.
 
Back
Top