olekzap_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Just installed this LED headlight. It was a little tough to fit it in the headlight bucket with the heatsink and the external driver but I managed to get it in there. First impression is wow, much brighter and more intense white light, even more so than my high end bicycle LED headlight.
There is still a sharp cutoff as was with the old bulb, although this seems to shoot light up higher on low beam. I moved it behind a car in my garage and it didn't seem to go much higher than the back window so I think it will be ok and not blind others. Other reviews have said it was too low and needed to be adjusted so I'll have to see on my ride in to work tomorrow morning. Luckily most of my ride is in the city with plenty of ambient light so even if the adjustment is off it won't be dangerous. I should add that although it looks blinding in these photos, it's really not. The garage is fairly dark so the phone's exposure was long.
Flash to pass still does work FYI, I saw on a forum someone mentioned it didn't on their Yamaha.
Let me know if there are any questions; I'd be happy to answer. (photos in link below)
There is still a sharp cutoff as was with the old bulb, although this seems to shoot light up higher on low beam. I moved it behind a car in my garage and it didn't seem to go much higher than the back window so I think it will be ok and not blind others. Other reviews have said it was too low and needed to be adjusted so I'll have to see on my ride in to work tomorrow morning. Luckily most of my ride is in the city with plenty of ambient light so even if the adjustment is off it won't be dangerous. I should add that although it looks blinding in these photos, it's really not. The garage is fairly dark so the phone's exposure was long.
Flash to pass still does work FYI, I saw on a forum someone mentioned it didn't on their Yamaha.
Let me know if there are any questions; I'd be happy to answer. (photos in link below)