Advice on CB1100 with 17k miles

HawkCB_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have been looking at the CB1100 for a couple months now and I ran across one that has 17k miles on it. Is there anything I should be concerned about, or should look at, with that many miles. This is my first bike, so I don't mind that it has so many miles, but I also don't want to worry about potential issues.

is $3,500 a decent price?

Thanks!
 
1st off Howdy and welcome to the forum. Secondly OMG that is such a steal. Nothing to worry about if it hasn't been crashed and the guy has records showing the oil had been changed.
 
Welcome Hawk!

Killer price. 17K is not high mileage if proper maintenance has been done, like Ferret said.

Do you have any pics of it?
 
Hawk, that didn't work. Do you use photobucket or another hosting service?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hawk, that didn't work. Do you use photobucket or another hosting service?
I was updating as you posted that, let me know if you see them now.
 
First, welcome Hawk.

Secondly, I can see the photos

Thirdly, what Ferret said about the deal.

Good luck!
 
Pics are fixed! Bike looks great. That rack was $275 when I got mine. Those fork guards are a nice little touch. They aren't stock.
 
There does seem to be a view that motorcycles clap out after only a few thousand miles/kilometers. Mine has nearly 50,000 Kim's and is running like new.
 
Thread starter
I guess I should clarify... this bike has a lot more miles than a lot of others I have seen for sale. Most that I have seen have between 500 and 2,000.

Thank again for all the input. I am certainly more anxious to jump on this deal now.
 
I believe that is the Austin area? That is a fantastic price and if you don't go for it I may grab it and doing something else with it as I already have 2. But that is a steal.
 
OK Elipten, don't bogart those CBs :)
 
I'm approaching 30k miles on my 2013. Over 20k miles put on by myself in the last year. I wouldn't hesitate on that bike at that price. However, it sounds like I'm keeping my bike for the rest of my life at the rate they are depreciating.
 
If you're looking for a CB, this one's a no-brainer at that price. 17k is NOT high mileage. If you said 117K, then it would be, but still probably nothing to be overly concerned about if the bike received regular maintenance. If the bike passes your inspection, go for it.
 
If the condition of the bike is as depicted in those photos, $3,500 is a VERY GOOD DEAL!!

Let me know if you don't buy it. It would be fun to fly there, get it and ride it back.
 
How sad. $3500 doesn't get you a clapped out 2001 Bonneville. What is it with the value of these bikes? Just buy the damn thing, that is as much bike for the money as anyone will ever get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I agree Capo, but once the novelty wears off, I wouldn't expect the CB to retain its value any better than any common Japanese bike (919, FZ1, Nighthawk, etc.). I agree this one's a screaming deal, but I expect in another five years, this will be a typical price. Maybe even a bit high. I'm beginning to see ST1300's and FJR's selling for $4000-$5000, and low-mileage R1200RT's selling for $8000. These are ten year old bikes now.
 
Back
Top