Advice on buying

DaSwami_imp said:
Gotcha, yes I do, I was thinking motors for some reason.

Keep the tip up? Yes.

Wind? Yes.

Pump? Not so much

Try sail fishing .... Or small mouths on ultra light equipment
Chapomis_imp said:
As kids we used to throw M80s into the river when the Chad were running, much faster than strike, pump and wind.

Lol reminds me of the game warden joke... You going to talk or you gonna fish?
 
An old Indian trick is to toss crushed green walnut (Juglans nigra) hulls into a slow moving pool of water, stuns the fish and makes for easy pickins.
 
You blokes are scaling new heights today. I'd like to think we could fin-ish this, but I'm expecting the Chicagoans to drop a sinker in shortly.
 
I wondered whether you'd be lured out if I threw out a bait.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
I'm just gonna tuna you squids out now...
The trumpeter has just sounded trevally!
 
Thread starter
I thought I'd update on where I've got to: the forum has been really helpful (and amusing: the strike, pump and wind exchange has convinced me that CB1100 riders are superior beings).

Anyway, for now the CB1100 is too much bike for me. I've gone for a V711 Special, weighing in at sub-400lbs vs 544lbs for the CB1100. I know these are not comparable machines, but for now the Guzzi is going to give me a lot of fun.

I still think the Honda is perhaps the best looking bike of it's type I've seen, so may well come back to it. Thanks for the advice,

Beerman
 
Good decision. Although I wish I had taken sage advice when I bought my 1st street m/c...that one being the '83 CB1100F. At 5'5", 130 lbs in my mid 20s, I could barely touch the ground when seated. That bike was kinda heavy, 583.5lb.... but as long as I didn't have to pick it up, I never worried about weight. I lived through 10 yrs of owning that bike, and learn to grow into the bike. Fun times.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Jedd. I'm a tad over 130lbs now, but still hoping to get back there one day, ideally without having to do anything to change my lifestyle!

Incidentally, had a great meal in a place called Hopdoddy's, Austin last summer - a good choice of beers!

Beerman
 
Beerman, congratulations on your decision. I hope you enjoy the V711. Drop in here from time to time, post a picture or two and tell us how you get on. Good blokes who ride bikes of any kind are welcome. :beerchug:
 
We like Guzzi's too. It's all good. Don't be a stranger, stop in and let us know how you are getting along with the Italian siren that stole your heart.
 
Back
Top