Advice - carry water bottle and side stand plate?

4 Paws_imp said:
Looking for some suggestions on simple ways to carry a couple of things with me on my daily rides, a water bottle and a small flat alum plate I place under side stand when stopped in asphalt parking lots, without resorting to a tank bag or strapping a bag on somewhere.

Have the factory luggage rack installed and a chic Design road comet fairing, like the clean lines of the bike and unless I'm going off for a while would prefer not to add bags.

Any clever solutions or suggestions?
:thanks:
To me it's a thermo can filled with green tea flavored with moroccan mint, milk and some honey instead of your water bottle.
I carry it together with a book or two and your mentioned small flat alum plate, in my case made of plastic, not often used,
but you'll never know, where your bike has to be parked, in the saddlebags of the CB. Often I add a few fabric bags, if I stop at a
supermarket, to buy me some necessary things.
Mostly that's all. But it can differ.

Wisedrum
 
I always carry a water bottle in the tank or tail bag and an old aluminum utility pole tag, oval shaped and about 3" long, for parking on soft surfaces. I like the pole tag as it has no sharp edges and will not easily bend.
 
I have a small cortech tank bag. That's where I carry my water bottle, kickstand plate, phone, small tablet or sandwhich if needed.
 
I use a left side single bag approach similar to what the un_decider does. It holds a shop rag, baseball hat, cellphone, reading glasses, two water bottles and a pair of gloves. It's a Willie and Max sissy bar bag that I mounted on to a universal saddle bag mount frame. Looks like a small saddle bag. Works great for my daily rides.
 
I carry an 8 ounce water bottle in one jacket pocket and my hockey puck side stand pad in the other when I'm riding one of my bikes with no center stand......check out parking puck.com
 
Sounds like a Camelback or similar hydration pack is perfect for you. They're extremely slim and comfortable, and most have some storage area that something like a sidestand puck would easily fit into. I've got a couple of friends that swear by them.
As for sidestand supports, I've been using the same one for years from my Ducati days that fits flat in any of my jacket pockets - still looks brand new, and works great:

 
I made a small foot pad for my CB using 3 pieces of 1/8" aluminum plate.

ec7c00bfd121c83218367dd1415a16d7.jpg
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Here is one I use. Get them at the HD dealer or order. Jiffy stand coaster.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...e&pageView=image&resultCatEntryType=2
An old post, I know, but does the CB110 (2018) sidestand fit the Jiffy Stand Coaster, do you know, please?

I'm quite alarmed at the extreme angle of lean from my sidestand. I'd like to get an appropriate puck and screw a block under it - to kill two birds with one stone... stop the extreme lean and stop the stand digging into soft ground/tarmac.

I cannot find a commonly available CB1100 sidestand puck for sale ANYWHERE!

Thanks, Pops.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Here is one I use. Get them at the HD dealer or order. Jiffy stand coaster.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...e&pageView=image&resultCatEntryType=2
An old post, I know, but does the CB110 (2018) sidestand fit the Jiffy Stand Coaster, do you know, please?

I'm quite alarmed at the extreme angle of lean from my sidestand. I'd like to get an appropriate puck and screw a block under it - to kill two birds with one stone... stop the extreme lean and stop the stand digging into soft ground/tarmac.

I cannot find a commonly available CB1100 sidestand puck for sale ANYWHERE!

Thanks, Pops.
An old post, I know, but does the CB110 (2018) sidestand fit the Jiffy Stand Coaster, do you know, please?

I'm quite alarmed at the extreme angle of lean from my sidestand. I'd like to get an appropriate puck and screw a block under it - to kill two birds with one stone... stop the extreme lean and stop the stand digging into soft ground/tarmac.

I cannot find a commonly available CB1100 sidestand puck for sale ANYWHERE!

Thanks, Pops.
May this help:?
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15657&pid=268971#pid268971
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15838&highlight=side+stand+enlarger
 
Bazbro,

Looks like the old link doesn’t work. Here is the current one: Jiffy Stand Coaster | Harley-Davidson USA

Looking at it I wouldn’t see why it wouldn’t fit just about anything.

OK, since you are going to ask, I went and measured mine. The space at the narrow end is 1 1/4” and the wide end is 2”
 
Many thanks guys. :thumbsup:

One little tip I have regarding side stand pucks...
Attach a length of thin cord to the puck with a handlebar (3/8"?) spring clip on the other end.

When you park, lower the sidestand and drop the puck near the stand, clipping the other end onto the handlebar. You can move the puck to best position with the cord.

Then, when ready to ride off, raise the sidestand and reel in the puck, unclip from handlebars and pop it into your pocket/tank bag, etc., all while sat safely on the 'bike! ;)
 
Helpful stuff in this thread, then and now. Thanks

Having seen the hockey puck pucks, I take a shine to the idea of making one. Has anyone DIY-ed that?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hey ymtnpoah11, what is a "hockey puck pucks"?
They're the side stand pucks (plates) made from ice hockey pucks, seen earlier in the thread.

I used to play. Was someone asking for pucks? I only have so many to give.
 
WWAAAYYY back in the day, I was riding with a group in MI, up into the UP. Everyone on that ride had a flattened beer can that they put under the sidestand on sandy or gravelly roads or on hot asphalt parking lots.
 
Back
Top