Advice - carry water bottle and side stand plate?

4 Paws_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Looking for some suggestions on simple ways to carry a couple of things with me on my daily rides, a water bottle and a small flat alum plate I place under side stand when stopped in asphalt parking lots, without resorting to a tank bag or strapping a bag on somewhere.

Have the factory luggage rack installed and a chic Design road comet fairing, like the clean lines of the bike and unless I'm going off for a while would prefer not to add bags.

Any clever solutions or suggestions?
:thanks:
 
Don't discount a small, sleek tank bag. I use them religiously and as long as you are careful, a magnetic bag ( I put a thin cloth under it) is the easiest to access and least disruptive way to go.You can get stuff out of it while still on the bike, and take it with you when off. Check out GIvi, Twisted Throttle, etc.
 
Cargo net?

b41cca93aaa359ba6f4d3b797eab60bb.jpg


d3f5631cc671e8cc9101a52d3179595d.jpg
 
Thinking of exactly the same thing. Would love to have ONE saddlebag/satchel for permanent storage of rain gear and waterbottle. Need to leave the rear rack for other stuff (that changes by the day). Not interested in a tank bag (doesn't really jive with the style as a permanent fixture).

I've saved a few pictures of bags on CB1100s, but I'm definitely looking for more inspiration before I make it happen.

Anyone have a cool "messenger bag" installed?
 
Another option would be a tail/tunnel bag on the back portion of the seat.

158300d5261f5f03832c62f0ddb7fd6b.jpg
 
The plate will easily fit under the seat. My wife made a sling with an oring for putting around the top of a water bottle. I will take a pic later and post up. That should cover the two things mentioned. Want to carry any thing else though and you are going to nee another solution
 
Check out the undecider 's post it's in cb 1100 photos.I added that bag just this week it will be great for around town bag.I'll post some pictures this weekend.
68lupe
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Looking for some suggestions on simple ways to carry a couple of things with me on my daily rides, a water bottle and a small flat alum plate I place under side stand when stopped in asphalt parking lots, without resorting to a tank bag or strapping a bag on somewhere.

Have the factory luggage rack installed and a chic Design road comet fairing, like the clean lines of the bike and unless I'm going off for a while would prefer not to add bags.

Any clever solutions or suggestions?
:thanks:
Hi 4 paws...
what do you mean by "..small flat alum plate I place under side stand when stopped in asphalt parking lots.."?
is that so the sidestand wont dig into the soft pavement heated by the sun?
just wondering...
thanks
 
Any one of these handlebar mounted ones?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/motorcycle-drink-holder

I've seen guys rocking these on the highway here -- mostly on giant cruisers -- with paper coffee cups in them and actually taking sips while on the move.

To be serious though, I would double down on what was said above about the smaller magnetic tank bag. I run a Cortech Super Mini and the nice, flat, metal tank of the CB makes it work a treat -- you don't even have to take it off to get gas.
 
Thread starter
Thanks folks, some interesting suggestions. Had a cup holder on my previous bike, and on my Ural, which has spoiled me. With a modular helmet I can take a swig of water any time I feel like it.
CB's handlebars too narrow for cup holder and my GPS mount to co-exist.

Small plate is to keep side stand from sinking in asphalt lots, hot summers here in NC. Excellent suggestion as to storing under seat! So obvious I would have gone several years before thinking of it.

Had a small bag on the seat of my GS for years, was hoping to avoid that on this bike. Like the lanyard idea. Have tank bags but prefer to use them when I want to load up with "stuff" for a full days ride.
 
Honestly, when I rode in NC, I would just throw an old crushed soda can in my back pocket. It's not the prettiest side stand base, but on the (all too often) occasion that I forget to pick it up, I wasn't out any real coin. As long as it is big enough to distribute the weight more evenly, it doesn't have to be fancy. The crushed soda can never took up too much space or became a hindrance to carry on the bike.

As far as a water bottle? You got me. I don't ride long enough where I worry about it, to be honest. Sorry I can't help more.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Paws, for your sidestand plate, how about a pair of magnetic strips, the kind that have adhesive on one side, attached to the plate, one just on either side of the sidestand foot. That way you could stick it to the sidestand before lowering it, it would tend to stay in place while down, and when you're done, flip the stand up, pull it off and stick it to the rear fender or rack.

As for the water bottle, a bicycle bottle and carrying bracket either attached to the side or underside of the rack may be a start. You might need some of those rubber covered "P" clamps.
 
I like the looks of this bag, I have been wearing a backpack for rides with water and such but find it uncomfortable to do so.
Is this the Cortech 2.0 14L tailbag, and does it mount to the seat by straps that run under the seat?
I also looked at the dryver tail bag which I think might work as well.
Thanks in advance

kennyw_imp said:
Another option would be a tail/tunnel bag on the back portion of the seat.

158300d5261f5f03832c62f0ddb7fd6b.jpg
 
Django_imp said:
It's not my style, but how about a rucksack:
https://www.louis.de/en/produkte/rucksacks-backpacks/210

For commuting or small tours I wear an Eastpak messenger bag, something like this:

53736f28278dbaa8351349dfdecc8505.JPG


I put the strap around my shoulder and place the bag just behind me at the seat.
Is that a man purse or also called a murse? Lol.
You can throw a kick stand puck under the seat and get one of those clip on drink holders for the bars. They make all sorts of fancy ones for bikes these days.
 
I'm pretty sure I saw a chap once with award plastic kickstand puck that attached somehow to his bars.

I know this isn't all that helpful, but I'll have a bit of a search if I get a minute.

Exit: search drew a blank. Must have been a custom fitting, I'm afraid. Under the seat or in a pocket seems the best bet.
 
Back
Top