Adapting to 17" CBR wheels?

tod.branko_imp said:
rtmoto1_imp said:
in regard to the speedo sensor with the rear wheel swap i retained it by machining a carrier for the sensor ring quite simple
Could you maybe take a picture of it for reference, and explain the works for others who might want to do the same?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Could you maybe take a picture of it for reference, and explain the works for others who might want to do the same?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed

Could you maybe take a picture of it for reference, and explain the works for others who might want to do the same?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Henrik_imp said:
If you want to save weight on wheels, Samurider has these mag wheels which not only look great and are made for the bike, but they do save about 10 lbs of unsprung weight. I think that might be quite significant, and something I have considered for a while. It is the price that has kept me from doing the change...

3376ef5d5f80ef49cc9bec7f0819dd83.jpg


They come in gold, black or silver as well: https://www.samurider.com/?p=26675

Still, JPY 380'000 is like $3'500!!
My project goals changed and I won't be going to 17's on the bike....but having done lightweight wheels on other bikes I can tell you that shaving 10LBS of rotational, un-sprung weight/mass off a bike like the CB1100 would have a dramatic effect on performance and handling. But of course $3500 USD is a bunch of coin. I'm trying to figure out how to fit a set of BST carbons for my Super Duke into the budget.
 
Back
Top