Accessory Removal

Wagonpeddler_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My recently acquired CB has a USB/12V charger attached to the handle bars. I would like to remove this as I have no use for it, and it partially blocks the ignition and right turn signal indicator.


Lifted the tank to attempt to find where the wire runs to remove it. After reading the instructions on removing the tank, I would prefer to leave the tank on.
I did see a wire with a connector under the tank that appears to not be factory. Looks like this...


Going to try to get it out while leaving the tank on. Any other suggestions appreciated.
Film at 11:00
 
That is an SAE connector. Not a Honda Part. I would suspect the other other end is connected to the battery.

Depending on how they ran or secured it, you should be able to lift the tank slightly if needed and fish wiggle it out.
 
If it is connected to the battery you can use it for a battery tender jr. Just rerout it out the side
 
The ferret_imp said:
If it is connected to the battery you can use it for a battery tender jr. Just rerout it out the side

That is *exactly* what I would do.

I have one zip tied to the frame between my side panel and my rear shock.
 
If you can remove the storage box, you can see if that is indeed for a battery charger, and see what other wires may be hooked to the battery. There should only be the 2 large heavy cables, one to each battery terminal.

If you find wires that appear to be for the front USB charger, take it off, and check continuity. Then cut the wires as it goes under the tank, and if it doesn't pull through, just cut it at front too. It was likely zip-tied in place under the tank.
 
I was going to mention he could also use it for a heated jacket liner when I remembered he was from Az. Doh!
 
The ferret_imp said:
I was going to mention he could also use it for a heated jacket liner when I remembered he was from Az. Doh!
You might be surprised that some AZ riders I chat with stock up on heated gear!
 
:rofl: was 113 during the day the last time I was there motorcycling, but it did frost up at night the last time I was in Az Javie hunting in the desert.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I was going to mention he could also use it for a heated jacket liner when I remembered he was from Az. Doh!
The climate in Arizona ranges from hot to cold. We have ski slopes and sand dunes. The northern part of the state and those with higher elevations are often fairly cold. It just depends on where you are and where you plan to ride.
 
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: was 113 during the day the last time I was there motorcycling, but it did frost up at night the last time I was in Az Javie hunting in the desert.
Ja. The desert can be an extremely unforgiving place no matter the light level.
 
Thread starter
Believe it's directly attached to the battery as there were 2 extra leads when I attached my own battery tender....should have left them there. Didn't think of that one.
 
Thread starter
Got it out...all except a few inches under the tank that I couldn't reach. Whoever installed it spared no expense in cable ties! Now I can easily get the key in & out, and see the right turn signal indicator.
 
Back
Top