ABS?

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Looking at the other post about ABS longevity made me think about my recently purchased '14 standard. I'm pretty sure that '14 standards don't have ABS but deluxes do, right? But looking at the rear wheel, that perforated ring looks kind of like the ABS rings that I've seen on bikes that do have it. What is it or what's it for?

85d9261de899781da3f6d1eead6d0c6d.jpg
 
I asked about that a while back and was told that this was for the speedometer, not ABS. ABS models have a similar ring on the front wheel.
 
Standard models for 2013 and 2014 do not have ABS.

There was a 2013 model with ABS and the 2014 DLX with ABS. Now this is for USA. It is probably different for other parts of the world.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
CB360T_imp said:
I asked about that a while back and was told that this was for the speedometer, not ABS. ABS models have a similar ring on the front wheel.
Right, and that's why I was pretty sure it wasn't ABS, but it has that look. So speedo "cable" or electronic impulse, or whatever runs from rear wheel to indicator? Interesting. Brand new bike for me...just beginning to get acquainted with it. Thanks.
 
It has confused a lot of people including Honda dealers. Key is look for ring on front wheel


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pd,

It is a speed sensor ring. There is a Hall effect sensor that sends pulses to the speedometer and on to the ECU. No ABS unless you have the one on the front too, plus obviously the modulator, etc.

If you look, you can see the sensor and wire for it.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Pd,

It is a speed sensor ring. There is a Hall effect sensor that sends pulses to the speedometer and on to the ECU. No ABS unless you have the one on the front too, plus obviously the modulator, etc.

If you look, you can see the sensor and wire for it.
Gotta love this site, thanks!
 
pdedse_imp said:
Looking at the other post about ABS longevity made me think about my recently purchased '14 standard. I'm pretty sure that '14 standards don't have ABS but deluxes do, right? But looking at the rear wheel, that perforated ring looks kind of like the ABS rings that I've seen on bikes that do have it. What is it or what's it for?

85d9261de899781da3f6d1eead6d0c6d.jpg
The best indicator is that the speedo will say "ABS" when you start the bike if you have an ABS. Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top