ABS exciter ring ?

CBwannaB_imp said:
Do all CB's have an exciter ring on the rear wheel or only the ABS equipped bikes?
ALL do = it also serves function as RWSS, regardless of an ABS system
 
If an exciter ring is what I think, they all have it. It’s used by the speed sensor.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
If an exciter ring is what I think, they all have it. It’s used by the speed sensor.
You and Peter both get points.
It is also known as a reluctor in the automotive industry.
It triggers the adjacent sensor.

If I were set up to post photos, I could show them in a vibratory feeder bowl going to a robot for vision inspection at the stamping house. Think our customer's customer was Toyota. Application was each wheel.
 
Beware if the bike is a 2013 std, or a 2014 std, even though they have that ring on the rear, they do not have ABS.

2013 ABS models, 2014 Deluxe models and I believe 2017 EX models have a ring on both wheels and do have ABS.

if it doesn't have one of those rings on BOTH wheels, it DOES NOT have ABS regardless of what a salesman tells you.
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
If an exciter ring is what I think, they all have it. It’s used by the speed sensor.
You and Peter both get points.
It is also known as a reluctor in the automotive industry.
It triggers the adjacent sensor.

If I were set up to post photos, I could show them in a vibratory feeder bowl going to a robot for vision inspection at the stamping house. Think our customer's customer was Toyota. Application was each wheel.
You and Peter both get points.
It is also known as a reluctor in the automotive industry.
It triggers the adjacent sensor.

If I were set up to post photos, I could show them in a vibratory feeder bowl going to a robot for vision inspection at the stamping house. Think our customer's customer was Toyota. Application was each wheel.
Do you want me to post them for you?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Beware if the bike is a 2013 std, or a 2014 std, even though they have that ring on the rear, they do not have ABS.

2013 ABS models, 2014 Deluxe models and I believe 2017 EX models have a ring on both wheels and do have ABS.

if it doesn't have one of those rings on BOTH wheels, it DOES NOT have ABS regardless of what a salesman tells you.
Thanks to everyone for that information. I was unsure about that
 
Cormanus_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
If an exciter ring is what I think, they all have it. It’s used by the speed sensor.
You and Peter both get points.
It is also known as a reluctor in the automotive industry.
It triggers the adjacent sensor.

If I were set up to post photos, I could show them in a vibratory feeder bowl going to a robot for vision inspection at the stamping house. Think our customer's customer was Toyota. Application was each wheel.
You and Peter both get points.
It is also known as a reluctor in the automotive industry.
It triggers the adjacent sensor.

If I were set up to post photos, I could show them in a vibratory feeder bowl going to a robot for vision inspection at the stamping house. Think our customer's customer was Toyota. Application was each wheel.
Do you want me to post them for you?
You and Peter both get points.
It is also known as a reluctor in the automotive industry.
It triggers the adjacent sensor.

If I were set up to post photos, I could show them in a vibratory feeder bowl going to a robot for vision inspection at the stamping house. Think our customer's customer was Toyota. Application was each wheel.
Do you want me to post them for you?
Thank you, but may not really be that informative, since these are points on a wheel and the CB uses the window type. But, if you want, PM me your email and you can decide.
 
If you're happy, it's fine. Unless, of course, there's a call for them.
 
Back
Top