About the problem of high idling. (2014 cb1100ex)

Thread starter
Hello CB1100ex members, I'm ddumzi from Korea. It is currently 2 p.m. here.

I haven't been able to access the forum often because I've been busy lately. I'm sorry.

I exchanged messages with Dave and decided to replace the iacv again.

Many members left scopes and professional comments, but I am a liberal arts student.
It is difficult to test. ^^;

Although they worked directly when replacing the existing iacv, they decided to replace it at a nearby bike center because it is rare in Korea to have a private garage and parking a bicycle is very noticeable.

If Iacv is replaced and the result is the same,
The Euc number of my bicycle is 38770-MGC-D52.

I'm worried that it's expensive, but... I want to replace the improved 38770-MGC-D54.

I think it will be difficult to sell until this high-rotation idle problem is solved. I really bought a bicycle, but the pain is greater than joy.

Through the CB Forum, it is a lot of comfort and comfort that the current problem is not something that CB Forum.

Thank you very much to the many members who are always trying to help.
 
Thread starter
Hello, members of CB1100! It's been a while since I said hello. I'm here to report the results to the forum because the high level of public meeting has been resolved. I did some maintenance with iacv, but the problem was not solved, and the rpm returned to normal immediately after replacing it with a new ecm. Thank you for your concern. often
 
DDUMZI_imp said:
Hello, members of CB1100! It's been a while since I said hello. I'm here to report the results to the forum because the high level of public meeting has been resolved. I did some maintenance with iacv, but the problem was not solved, and the rpm returned to normal immediately after replacing it with a new ecm. Thank you for your concern. often
Good news result DDUMZI.
 
DDUMZI_imp said:
Hello, members of CB1100! It's been a while since I said hello. I'm here to report the results to the forum because the high level of public meeting has been resolved. I did some maintenance with iacv, but the problem was not solved, and the rpm returned to normal immediately after replacing it with a new ecm. Thank you for your concern. often
Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing this good news with us. I had suspected as much because of the result I had using Peter Baron's ECU "resetting" method.
 
A new ECU always comes as "a virgin", which may be an equivalent of resetting residual values of the old one......
If the original ECM is still handy, the above reset can always be performed and its result shared with the forum members.
If proven good, it may be used as a spare one or could be for sale to recover money spent.
:beerchug:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
A new ECU always comes as "a virgin", which may be an equivalent of resetting residual values of the old one......
If the original ECM is still handy, the above reset can always be performed and its result shared with the forum members.
If proven good, it may be used as a spare one or could be for sale to recover money spent.
:beerchug:
Peter, I may experiment a bit when I get the new ECU. Powerdubs recommended a new ECU as the cure awhile back, but I didn't want to keep throwing money at it. I thought trying "your" procedure might help with that decision. Looks like it is time to hit the "buy" button.
:beerchug:
DDUMZI_imp said:
Hello CB1100ex members, I'm ddumzi from Korea. It is currently 2 p.m. here.

I haven't been able to access the forum often because I've been busy lately. I'm sorry.

I exchanged messages with Dave and decided to replace the iacv again.

Many members left scopes and professional comments, but I am a liberal arts student.
It is difficult to test. ^^;

Although they worked directly when replacing the existing iacv, they decided to replace it at a nearby bike center because it is rare in Korea to have a private garage and parking a bicycle is very noticeable.

If Iacv is replaced and the result is the same,
The Euc number of my bicycle is 38770-MGC-D52.

I'm worried that it's expensive, but... I want to replace the improved 38770-MGC-D54.

I think it will be difficult to sell until this high-rotation idle problem is solved. I really bought a bicycle, but the pain is greater than joy.

Through the CB Forum, it is a lot of comfort and comfort that the current problem is not something that CB Forum.

Thank you very much to the many members who are always trying to help.
Hello DDUMZI and thank you for the new information.
I have different numbers. I can not find your numbers listed for parts for the Honda CB1100. Could you please check the numbers for the parts removed from your motorcycle and the new part installed in it's place? It will be very helpful.

The original part listed for my 2013 CB1100 motorcycle ECU is: 38770-MGC-A23. and the recommended replacement is: 38770-MGC-A24.
Thank you for all your help.
 
Might be worth reaching out to Don Guhl- and asking if he can offer to update anyones old ECU to the most current version- as he could easily do that.

And- it wouldn't run afoul of the EPA like a custom tune would.
 
Don't forget Nach: If you have to keep "resetting the ECU", then something else is fundamentally wrong. Hopefully it will never come to that.
 
Partzilla has the best price on the ECU, so I ordered one from them. I was hoping to find a really cheap used one on Ebay so I could try it and see if it was any better, but it would probably be a waste of money anyway. My problem began after I was riding at very slow speeds practicing figure eights and u-turns in hot weather for 30 or so minutes, and it could be that I fried the ECU. It wouldn't hurt to talk to Don Guhl, too, to see what he thinks. If he can up-date the ECU for a reasonable price, it might help someone else and give him a new venture.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Partzilla has the best price on the ECU, so I ordered one from them. I was hoping to find a really cheap used one on Ebay so I could try it and see if it was any better, but it would probably be a waste of money anyway. My problem began after I was riding at very slow speeds practicing figure eights and u-turns in hot weather for 30 or so minutes, and it could be that I fried the ECU. It wouldn't hurt to talk to Don Guhl, too, to see what he thinks. If he can up-date the ECU for a reasonable price, it might help someone else and give him a new venture.
I don't know...there's been about 40 riders just on this forum that had the idle issues and maybe a common denomintor was that it started on a warm to hot day, but other than that, who knows. Seems to me there was simply a batch of ECUs that came out defective. Maybe the robot had a rough weekend and on Monday it just couldn't get it together.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Partzilla has the best price on the ECU, so I ordered one from them. I was hoping to find a really cheap used one on Ebay so I could try it and see if it was any better, but it would probably be a waste of money anyway. My problem began after I was riding at very slow speeds practicing figure eights and u-turns in hot weather for 30 or so minutes, and it could be that I fried the ECU. It wouldn't hurt to talk to Don Guhl, too, to see what he thinks. If he can up-date the ECU for a reasonable price, it might help someone else and give him a new venture.
I don't know...there's been about 40 riders just on this forum that had the idle issues and maybe a common denomintor was that it started on a warm to hot day, but other than that, who knows. Seems to me there was simply a batch of ECUs that came out defective. Maybe the robot had a rough weekend and on Monday it just couldn't get it together.
That is quite plausible. A batch with marginal electronics, maybe a simple capacitor that deteriorates after prolonged high temperature exposure is not a profound possibility.
 
Thread starter
Hello, I'm Ddumzi.

I'm still sorry for my poor English. But I think I'll have to write it long.

After replacing the new ecm, I drove 2000km for a month, but there are no more problems.

I saw a post in the thread above saying that the ecu number is wrong. I think the part number is different from the members in the United States because I purchased a bike sold inside Japan.

I am a Korean user and I have confirmed directly that the ecu of the bike for domestic use in Japan and the initial part number of the ecu of the product that is officially imported to Korea are the same. After that, I checked that there was an improved product and replaced it. Mr. Don Guhl's reflash has already been done a lot in Korea and many people have solved the problem. However, as I inquired about it, I received a reply saying that I will no longer do bike refreshing. That's why I changed to a new ecu because there was no more way to do it, so there was no change after various maintenance. As you all know about this rpm issue, there was an official letter inside Japan. In other words, due to frequent operation of the clutch, mismatches between ecu and iacv become frequent, causing problems as ecu learns it.


What I still don't understand at this point is that the bike stopped at high temperatures for about 20 minutes, and then when the temperature went down, it was always normal for about five minutes.
 
... Honda seems to be having ECU problems across their product line lately, especially 202x model years - but not exclusively. At least they have now acknowledged the problem and are actively fixing those 202x model year issues.
 
As you all know about this rpm issue, there was an official letter inside Japan. In other words, due to frequent operation of the clutch, mismatches between ecu and iacv become frequent, causing problems as ecu learns it.

Hello DDUMZI. Thank you for your input to this forum. Can you please clarify concerning the "official letter inside Japan"? Do you have a copy of this letter that you could possibly share with this forum - in English, of course. Also, I'm not sure what frequent operation of the clutch has to do with the high/low idle speed problem, or is this possibly a translation error?

Thanks again.
 
Interesting because that is when my problem started, but I thought it might be due to operating at very low speeds. I was practicing very low speed U-turns and figure-eights, slipping the clutch and using the rear brake to keep my speed very low in a parking lot near my home pretty much every morning for about 30 minutes before going for a short ride on the roads. Until I started doing this, my bike ran fine. I have never slipped the clutch previously on any of the other bikes I've ridden, but had been watching You Tube videos on making U-turns and slow speed riding and they recommended it. Guess I'll stop just in case.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Interesting because that is when my problem started, but I thought it might be due to operating at very low speeds. I was practicing very low speed U-turns and figure-eights, slipping the clutch and using the rear brake to keep my speed very low in a parking lot near my home pretty much every morning for about 30 minutes before going for a short ride on the roads. Until I started doing this, my bike ran fine. I have never slipped the clutch previously on any of the other bikes I've ridden, but had been watching You Tube videos on making U-turns and slow speed riding and they recommended it. Guess I'll stop just in case.
That's interesting Nacho, but my experience was the opposite. I had just finished country roads / hiway riding of 45-70mph, very little clutch usage. Pulled into first gas station off the hiway, filled it, started and the high idle immegiately began, devolved into high / low idle over the next few months. Was a warm day, but nothing crazy hot, maybe low 90s.
 
Very interesting. Right before mine started acting up I was stuck behind a long line of cars at a stop sign at the bottom of a bridge, so alot of off the clutch then back on the clutch in a rather tight time frame. Around that same time, I was helping a buddy (new rider) get ready for his Motorcycle Safety class which was also a good amount of clutch work at lower speeds.
 
Back
Top