ABBA stands

alan.hopkins_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all,

New to the CB1100 club. Previously owned a Fireblade and I still have a couple of old 70’s Honda’s in the garage.

Not a stranger to bike maintenance, but I have a couple of questions.

1. How do these silver caps come off?
284ab9732d08291b033d7a6768588807.jpg


2. Can you use ABBA bike stands with these bikes? I know the centre stand should cover most things, but occasionally an ABBA stand might be better.

Cheers, Alan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like an interesting idea the ABBA stand.

I believe the end caps can be carefully pried off with a small, blunt standard slot screwdriver. There is a small slit-like space on the short edge of the cap, visible in your image at around 11 o'clock?
 
Thread starter
Cheers.

I own an ABBA stand already, really useful when doing some serious stuff to the bike.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I remember the ABBA stand for Yamaha, but it was a lot smaller.



Mamma Mia! The one with the CB1100 has room for a disco ball!

 
Alan , this is unbelievable , my wife was born and raised in Bexhill On Sea and lived there for 23 years . She still has two sisters living there and we got married in Bexhill as well. Our first date was in Battle !
My wife is 69 and her maiden name was Easton ( Jacqueline)
The CB 1100 is a small world.
 
I want some of those silver riding boots. Like in the last pic :)
 
1. How do these silver caps come off? Use flat screwdriver or something similar to flip it off
alan.hopkins_imp said:
Hi all,

New to the CB1100 club. Previously owned a Fireblade and I still have a couple of old 70’s Honda’s in the garage.

Not a stranger to bike maintenance, but I have a couple of questions.

1. How do these silver caps come off?
284ab9732d08291b033d7a6768588807.jpg


2. Can you use ABBA bike stands with these bikes? I know the centre stand should cover most things, but occasionally an ABBA stand might be better.

Cheers, Alan


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Alan , this is unbelievable , my wife was born and raised in Bexhill On Sea and lived there for 23 years . She still has two sisters living there and we got married in Bexhill as well. Our first date was in Battle !
My wife is 69 and her maiden name was Easton ( Jacqueline)
The CB 1100 is a small world.

It is a small world. We moved here 2yrs ago, lived in Hastings up until then. I used to work in Battle in the old pharmacy on the high street.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi Alan,

I used an ABBA stand all the time on my CB. Great device and worked a treat.

I permanently removed those silver plastic covers, not my cup of tea.
I used an adapter that had a spigot and went into the centre of the swing arm shaft on one side and over the nut on the other. I’m not sure if this is what they recommend but it worked for me and I had those adapters available. There may be a better solution. Never failed me tho.
I also used it with the adapter to lift the bike by the footrest hangers, so I could remove the swing arm.

Ace contraption.
fcb9035bf1c7da4667a4dbfd45744f35.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Houtman_imp said:
Alan , this is unbelievable , my wife was born and raised in Bexhill On Sea and lived there for 23 years . She still has two sisters living there and we got married in Bexhill as well. Our first date was in Battle !
My wife is 69 and her maiden name was Easton ( Jacqueline)
The CB 1100 is a small world.
Daddy!! I've found you at last... :excited: :hello:
I was found abandoned as a baby in Bexhill 40 years ago...!! :rofl:
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Alan , this is unbelievable , my wife was born and raised in Bexhill On Sea and lived there for 23 years . She still has two sisters living there and we got married in Bexhill as well. Our first date was in Battle !
My wife is 69 and her maiden name was Easton ( Jacqueline)
The CB 1100 is a small world.
Daddy!! I've found you at last... :excited: :hello:
I was found abandoned as a baby in Bexhill 40 years ago...!! :rofl:
Daddy!! I've found you at last... :excited: :hello:
I was found abandoned as a baby in Bexhill 40 years ago...!! :rofl: Just join the line /que !!!
 
Back
Top