A week without a motorcycle

With all the rain here in south Texas, I have not been on a bike in over a week. Not sure I hate the hot more than the rain. At least I do not have to clean the hot bike after I get home, just put my shop fan in from of it to keep it from melting.
 
Thread starter
I’ll take hot over rain. Not really a choice in CA, can’t remember when we last had rain.

Funny, when I got home Friday evening, our house was half-painted, with one have the former faded peach/puke color, and the other half the new smog/grey color. Thankfully the garage door is under the new paint zone, so no problem coming and going this week.

But, I hear the squeaky old paint trucks trundling up the road now, so I’d better get on the road to work before I have to ride through a cloud of smog-colored paint!
 
Thread starter
If you look at the precise color break between grey and pink right across my living room window, you can see exactly where the quittin' bell rang on Friday. That's not my garage door, by the way, mine's around the corner.

Also very curious, speaking of gas prices... there's a Shell station a few blocks south of the Petersen Museum on Fairfax and Olympic that is always quite expensive. This Saturday, as I was leaving the museum and driving past, regular was $5.79 a gallon, and premium was $5.99. This station is something of a conversation piece in the area due to its prices... maybe it's a front for the mob and they don't really sell gas? There are stations a mile in either direction on La Brea and La Cienega that have normal prices (well, normal for L.A.). I guess if you had to get gas there, it would be out of sheer panic that you wouldn't make it that extra mile.
 
Rained 3 times here today so far.

Is it common to have someone else's garage under your house in LA?
 
No shortage of rain in southern Ontario. Usually by this time in mid-July everything is brown. This year everything is lush green and growing - which means they need cutting.
 
Stichill_imp said:
Weather map shows some good rain for Southern Nevada and Utah.
Yeah, we got about 5 minutes of rain but we really need 5 days of non-stop rain. Even then it wouldn’t be enough. We are about to experience one of the more severe droughts for as far back as I can recall.
 
Thread starter
Ferret, our condominium complex consists of five units per building. They are arranged in such a way that from the outside, they sort of look like detatched houses, but to make that work, the garages don't quite match up with the houses. The guy next door looks like he's got two garages under him. It works well, and we've only got one common wall with a neighbor. Another neighbor's garage is under our master bedroom, which means that her garage opener is under my bed. Thankfully, she's a retired lady who doesn't drive, and I can't remember the last time she opened her door.

I believe the technical term for what I've got is a "Townhome", where the living spaces are over the garages.

And, I think a phone call is in order... those painters haven't been back since Friday!

Whoops, we've got Utah weather today. It rained for about five minutes as I was opening my garage to go to work. Not a cloud in the sky, not sure where it came from... dried as soon as it hit the hot ground.
 
Back
Top