A Tale of Two Centuries

Stunning job, man. What beautiful pipes.
 
That came out beautifully, GMan! I like what you did with the tank. I was never a fan of the original paint scheme. I had an '83 LTD 750 with that scheme and it looked dated the year after I bought it. :s

I was big on the Kawasakis back in the 80s. Ultimately had 3 KZs and 3 LTDs. They are true classics.
 
gman_imp said:
Well I finally got around to finishing the LTD. Great project during COVID, took the hot and humid summer months off. Already have another project started, a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100 with only 13,000 miles.

Pictures attached, enjoy the Holiday's fellow forum members!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few more pictures.
Nice job, and I recognize the engine. That 2000 ZRX1100 with 13K sounds like one I traded in two years ago. It had a graphite Yoshimura exhaust and a Corbin seat. I eventually got tired of having to deal with the carburetors fouling up every month from alcohol in the gas. Unfortunately, it then sat for two years.

I have a red '81 GPz 1100 in pure stock condition. It's ironic, but Kawasaki gave the GPZ electronic fuel injection in '81, and then switched back to carburetors for the ZRX. I have been gathering NOS parts for the fuel system off of eBay and had a set of spare injectors cleaned tested. My Spring project is to replace much of the old fuel injection system with newer parts and add a Vance & Hines 4 into 1. Over the years I have picked off on eBay an extra tank, fenders, side and rear panels, all in Eddie Lawson green, so I might switch them out one day too.
 
Thread starter
Paris_imp said:
gman_imp said:
Well I finally got around to finishing the LTD. Great project during COVID, took the hot and humid summer months off. Already have another project started, a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100 with only 13,000 miles.

Pictures attached, enjoy the Holiday's fellow forum members!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few more pictures.
Nice job, and I recognize the engine. That 2000 ZRX1100 with 13K sounds like one I traded in two years ago. It had a graphite Yoshimura exhaust and a Corbin seat. I eventually got tired of having to deal with the carburetors fouling up every month from alcohol in the gas. Unfortunately, it then sat for two years.

I have a red '81 GPz 1100 in pure stock condition. It's ironic, but Kawasaki gave the GPZ electronic fuel injection in '81, and then switched back to carburetors for the ZRX. I have been gathering NOS parts for the fuel system off of eBay and had a set of spare injectors cleaned tested. My Spring project is to replace much of the old fuel injection system with newer parts and add a Vance & Hines 4 into 1. Over the years I have picked off on eBay an extra tank, fenders, side and rear panels, all in Eddie Lawson green, so I might switch them out one day too.
Nice job, and I recognize the engine. That 2000 ZRX1100 with 13K sounds like one I traded in two years ago. It had a graphite Yoshimura exhaust and a Corbin seat. I eventually got tired of having to deal with the carburetors fouling up every month from alcohol in the gas. Unfortunately, it then sat for two years.

I have a red '81 GPz 1100 in pure stock condition. It's ironic, but Kawasaki gave the GPZ electronic fuel injection in '81, and then switched back to carburetors for the ZRX. I have been gathering NOS parts for the fuel system off of eBay and had a set of spare injectors cleaned tested. My Spring project is to replace much of the old fuel injection system with newer parts and add a Vance & Hines 4 into 1. Over the years I have picked off on eBay an extra tank, fenders, side and rear panels, all in Eddie Lawson green, so I might switch them out one day too.
Thanks for the input. Going to take a lot of work to get the ZRX looking the way I want, but when you are retired you look for things TO DO and of course NOT TO DO!:biker:
 
One of the problems with my ZRX was that with the Yoshimura exhaust, it was just on the verge of needing to be re-jetted. It was very sensitive in that way. When running smoothly, it was a beautiful bike, if not a bit heavy-handeling. But Kawasakis are like that. It did not have the off-the-line torque of the GPz, but was more measured in its power. It tucked into a curve like a dream: you could practically dial in the lean you wanted without a second thought. I felt that the stock riding position was uncomfortable and it needed a handlebar riser. Watch out for the locking gas cap, which has a reputation for becoming stuck, requiring you to drill away looking for the mystery bolt hidden under the collar.
 
Back
Top