A spin up in the Malibu Canyons

When I road my CB home from Cycle Sports in Inglewood, I cut over from the 101 to Highway 1 through Malibu Canyon. I spent much time surf fishing across the highway from Neptune's Net. Good times!
 
When my wife and I were out there this summer we drove down some big road thru the hills coming from Westlake down to Malibu. gUess this is a different road? i don't remember that rock wall at all and the view of the mountains looks much better in your pics than what we saw.
 
We passed by a road ( Mulholland) that went to the rock store if you turned left (heading from freeway towards Malibu). Doesnt matter ...... just wish I had seen the views in your pics. Kanaan Rd sound familiar?
 
Nice views. Looks like a good ride. How is the road itself? I'm planning a trip to SoCal next year and will be asking for advice when the time nears. That trunk seat sets the bike off nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
 
Very nice pics. I too enjoy riding around that area. After Neptunes I take PCH all the way up to Camarillo, then jump on the 101 and head back home.

Neptune' s is great. Fried or fresh? Haha
 
Great pics, Rebel. The bike looks good too.
 
Hmmmm, Neptune's Net is a famous landmark, but don't forget the Rock Store (open Friday, Saturday and Sunday) located essentially at the base of the Mulholland snake...a must stop for anyone riding the Malibu canyons. Sunday is usually packed. If you simply take Kanan Road from the 101 to PCH, you will miss it, and some of the best twisty roads in Malibu.
 
Xpac.. We discovered that and went back and found the rock store a day later ( it was closed) and then took Mullholland up thru the snaky part. What a great road for motorcyclists, and being a Monday morning, we had it to ourselves, not another vehicle around.
 
Great ride Rob......love those roads....always fun to see Jay Leno at the Rock Store on the weekends...never know what he is going to ride in on....
 
Great to see other cb11 owners riding the same canyon roads. I love taking any canyon roads from the 101 down to the pch. I had a great ride From Neptunes... you can take the street immediately next to it, Yerba buena, over to Muholland past Kanan and Las virgenes, all the way down to old topanga to topanga canyon and back to 101. its a bit of a ride, but well worth it. very scenic and twisty.
 
Back
Top