A song for the CB1100

The Gecko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Do you play music while riding ? I do all the time. There is some good music for everything. And since CB1100 fans are all - more or less - of similar age I'd like to do two things, tell you which song fits the CB1100 perfectly (in my opinion), and ask you to find a better one and post it. Only condition, it had to be initially published in the 1970 or 1980 (so no hip-hop, okay ?)

Here is my (perfect) song for our bike:
Tell me what you think AFTER you rode the CB home listening to it.

If you like the idea please click the star rating in the list of posts.
Now ... enjoy !!!
 
I don't listen to music while riding mainly because I enjoy the sounds of motion and the resonance of the lump down below.

That said, I would listen to road music on a motorcycle if the journeys were very long (e.g. the whole day) and more likely if I were riding solo.

This would be my choice as an early '70s cover and modern re-mix:




 
NICE! Great picks!

I usually listen to the bikes. But here's one of my road favourites..





And because hip-hop started in '73, making it older than most CBs..


 
I always listen to music while riding. For the longest time, this was stuck in my earbuds - it's a song from a Honda commercial, it's cool, and the dude in the commercial has the same moustache. Mainly I listen to the Andy Williams version, which was used for the commercial, and my Pandora starts drifting into other songs of the same genre.

Lately, my jam has been the band Public Service Broadcasting (You do realize that all music from the last ten years isn't hip hop, right?) This band weaves historical recordings into their songs. My favorite is "Go", which is about the moon landing. It gets me pumped up for the day on my morning commute. Have a listen:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I always listen to music while riding. For the longest time, this was stuck in my earbuds - it's a song from a Honda commercial, it's cool, and the dude in the commercial has the same moustache. Mainly I listen to the Andy Williams version, which was used for the commercial, and my Pandora starts drifting into other songs of the same genre.

Lately, my jam has been the band Public Service Broadcasting (You do realize that all music from the last ten years isn't hip hop, right?) This band weaves historical recordings into their songs. My favorite is "Go", which is about the moon landing. It gets me pumped up for the day on my morning commute. Have a listen:
Interesting.

I think I like the video version of the track (versus the track alone while riding).
 
+1 x2

Magnificent ad. Dreamy.

The PSB band is fantastic, thanks! They even have a KEXP gig..

Say, if you want thumbnails, type these before and after your link "link"
 
It's modern, but I also like to listen to Dadi Freyr while I ride. A lot of his songs are in Icelandic, so it's not too distracting since I can't understand it. But it's cool!
 
Way cool! I used to listen to music via a little digital player to earbuds, mostly CCR and other classic rock, some Howlin' Wolf and Jimmy Reed in there, the band Stick Figure, but I could not find the ideal volume level. At highway speeds it had to be pretty loud, but when I stopped at a light, it was too loud and irritating, and I finally just stopped. The Highway Song is what I hear now.
 
This is a wonderful idea, Gecko, but impossible to answer. The right or best or perfect song depends so much on the day, the time, the mood, the place. But for much of the riding I’ve done, this comes to mind.



 
I don't but if I did, I'd listen to this ditty

dd617381cb51d9e8b34105801020a4b0.jpg


c948e47bb2c348cbc2998fc229a37a74.jpg


4f9145b175207c17502c60e31d06021b.jpg


4b9b6fe8c4bdddc963b15e12efd5c03c.jpg


92fc9f49e0ce03f61a0068ba5e69b403.jpg


 
ymtnpoah11_imp said:
NICE! Great picks!

I usually listen to the bikes. But here's one of my road favourites..





And because hip-hop started in '73, making it older than most CBs..


GMF and the Furios Five / The Jungle...wow! Had that song memorized back in 1982/1983...40 years ago and I can still belt out the rap w/out forgetting much.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I don't but if I did, I'd listen to this ditty

dd617381cb51d9e8b34105801020a4b0.jpg


c948e47bb2c348cbc2998fc229a37a74.jpg


4f9145b175207c17502c60e31d06021b.jpg


4b9b6fe8c4bdddc963b15e12efd5c03c.jpg


92fc9f49e0ce03f61a0068ba5e69b403.jpg


You might like this one too, Ferret!

 
pdedse_imp said:
ymtnpoah11_imp said:
NICE! Great picks!

I usually listen to the bikes. But here's one of my road favourites..





And because hip-hop started in '73, making it older than most CBs..


GMF and the Furios Five / The Jungle...wow! Had that song memorized back in 1982/1983...40 years ago and I can still belt out the rap w/out forgetting much.
GMF and the Furios Five / The Jungle...wow! Had that song memorized back in 1982/1983...40 years ago and I can still belt out the rap w/out forgetting much.
I prefer Wonder Mike, Big Bang Hank and Grand Master Gee, but whatevs...

While I have an appreciation for this era / genre, I'd has soon listen to it while riding as I would this...


 
Interesting post, Gecko. Thanks for sharing the Golden Earring video - I've never seen video of them, and never thought about "Radar Love" as a motorcycling song, but I like it. Personally, for me, I'd vote for Bob Seger's "Roll Me Away" as a favorite motorcycling song.
 
Something else I like to listen to, and is appropriate for riding a finely crafted Japanese motorcycle. Check out the Yoshida Brothers. They have a very interesting range, from traditional, which reminds me of the music in the background while I'm getting a massage (relaxing thoughts), to more modern stuff, to arrangements with orchestral accompaniment. All instrumental only, but some of it gets sort of "twangy", so I have a carefully chosen play list.
 
Thread starter
Your inputs have made my day, all of you !!! These Great songs will all go onto my m/c riding playlist. Thank you so much.

To all the others, latecomers, latereaders, please keep it coming !
 
When I had a tune player on my bike, back in the early 80s, I enjoyed listening to Willie Nelson, who was popular then. "On the Road Again," "Whiskey River," etc.
 
Back
Top