... a second chance!

quietguy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My dealer was able to acquire an identical, new 2014 CB1100 standard like the one that failed!

Goes without saying, I'm elated!

They're going to check it thoroughly in the morning then test this one to ensure all is well. I will conclude the purchase Saturday morning then have them pickup my trade and deliver my new bike next week - a Great Xmas present! :excited:

... quietguy
 
All right Quietguy!!! :banana:

(tell em to MAKE SURE it has oil)

Can't wait to see the pics! :clap:
 
quietguy_imp said:
My dealer was able to acquire an identical, new 2014 CB1100 standard like the one that failed!

Goes without saying, I'm elated!

They're going to check it thoroughly in the morning then test this one to ensure all is well. I will conclude the purchase Saturday morning then have them pickup my trade and deliver my new bike next week - a Great Xmas present! :excited:

... quietguy
hi Quietguy, great news and congrats. I'm not familiar with the details on what happened to your other bike (the bike that failed?). Just curious- what happened there?
Thanks
 
Thread starter
jrns,

New unit on the showroom floor I was to buy, transmission locked up, failed completely, Ugh. I was really letdown, to say the least and had given up. The sales lad spent yesterday afternoon and most of today searching around and found a new bike for me. Still the same price ($7,999), about a $2,400 savings off full retail.
 
quietguy_imp said:
jrns,

New unit on the showroom floor I was to buy, transmission locked up, failed completely, Ugh. I was really letdown, to say the least and had given up. The sales lad spent yesterday afternoon and most of today searching around and found a new bike for me. Still the same price ($7,999), about a $2,400 savings off full retail.
quietguy - wow- what bad luck and good luck all at once. glad that worked out. much better it happened at the showroom tho and not out on the road ;)
enjoy your bike!
cheers,
 
Now aren't you glad I held off on your request to delete your account?
 
If the dealer went that far to complete a sale with that big a discount you really should give their name and public kudos. Not many around that will give a good discount like that and then search all over for a replacement.
 
Great news on the new CB1100, Quietguy and congratulations! I'm not surprised your dealer was able to find another one and honor your quoted price.

Having done recent searches to purchase my own, it seems that there are quite a few of 2014 standards at dealerships across the country. Guess that's why Honda corporate is kicking in the extra rebate cash to help clear inventory?
 
Thread starter
I've only managed to locate 3 in my general area, Ron... but it seems the average prices are running about $9,500 vs full retail. I'm glad to get mine at $8k.
 
There are 5 Standards on eBay right now. Best deal, possibly, 2014 STD in Shawnee Oklahoma for $6999. Seems every time he sells one another pops up in a week or so. I paid $7999 last Aug for mine + doc fees. Glad it worked out.
 
Great news, QuietGuy. Enjoy.
 
Back
Top