A quick ride in beautiful Autumn weather

VicsCB1100_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Summer is hot here in Australia and living on the cost means watersports are often a more pleasant choice. Autumn riding weather in Sydney brings out bikes in droves. Even mid week. The days are milder and you can put that leather on without sweating too much.

Tuesday and Wednesday this week were simply too good to pass up. around 25 degrees C light sea breezes an blue sky. So off to the nearby Royal National Park and South Coast.

This is a mix of low speed twisties through a cool rainforest and cruising along high sea cliffs and beaches.
Mid way is a lookout where dozens of bikes can be found most days of the week. This week it looks like a few workplaces may have been down some staff because it was packed.

Check out some iphone images below.

Tuesday at Coledale beach
f747b60bc2535b28ba0cabbd24a0aaa8.jpg


At Stanwell Tops lookout. (Check out the other red bike)
cc7347e12ce7e0a3f24ea89aace5fadb.jpg

8fc7d82e029ab4368c03fdf8093508e5.jpg



The view south. Look at that amazing sea bridge in the distance we are soon to travel over
c737a19767b9196cd7d9ab073b44f592.jpg

91a7f5684b349cfff95dd2a330c62634.jpg


Final destination Scarborough pub beer garden for a leisurely lunch




Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
Mmmm, beer garden!

Nice report, thanks.

P.s. Kevlar jeans are pretty light to wear and offer better protection than your Levi's.

Ride safe mate.
 
Awesome pics....that sea bridge is really cool!

Cool Commando
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Awesome pics....that sea bridge is really cool!

Cool Commando
That sea bridge appears in so many new car commercials because it looks stunning on the screen as it sweeps over the coastine.

The Commando is pretty and if I had the time to maintain one it would be in my garage. Lots of character (shorthand for English quality control at the time)

In the seventies many of my friends had them but they spent much of the time in pieces or sitting over their drip trays catching oil.

Those of us on the Jap bikes were out getting booked or just looking cool at the pub.
Honda fours were king until the Z1 arrived. My Mach 3 triple would always please the crowd with a smoke filled wheelie when it was closing time.


Tortuga_imp said:
Mmmm, beer garden!

Nice report, thanks.

P.s. Kevlar jeans are pretty light to wear and offer better protection than your Levi's.

Ride safe mate.
Agree about the jeans
My kevlars and leathers were left hanging yesterday. Naughty I know but when a mate just drops in and says lets go, good sense is not always top of mind.
[/QUOTE]
Here is the cliff top beer garden
58a9d3c9d27c03e299c78e7d5651900c.jpg
 
Wow if they had hot tea, i'd drink there, that's looks like a pretty place to sit a spell.
 
Nice!
Everything is still frozen up here.
Are those "whitewalls" an option down under? I have never seen them on a bike before.
 
Nice pics, Vic. Sounds like a great ride.

Ferret, it's odd, I know, given Australia's reputation as a drinker's paradise, but I suspect you might get a cup of tea at the pub.

You'd better ride there sometime and find out. :P
 
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D
 
davidsargee_imp said:
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D

Just watch out for the Dropbears....

 
Thread starter
davidsargee_imp said:
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D
To all who have asked about tea or may be concerned about too many beers in a beer garden 150 feet above the sea.
Please be assured you can get tea or coffee and anything in between. This pub actually has quite fine dining for a pub.

Yesterday we had a nice seafood lunch washed down with only 1 low alcohol beer. Very sensible compared to how many real beers we would have back in 1972 at the same pub. Those days it was a little rough around the edges and a meat pie would have been considered a main course.
Damfino_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D

Just watch out for the Dropbears....

Just watch out for the Dropbears....


Whilst Rampaging Dropbears are a dubious species, Koalas are sometimes seen around. That picture looks extreme but I have seen the aftermath of picking up an injured Koala from the roadside. Not pretty as those claws are nasty.

The most dangerous things here are the snakes of varying levels of poison. Last week one even appeared at a major football match in the middle of the field.

Sharks attacks are somehow becoming more news worthy especially in West Australia. This morning a woman was taken on the far south coast of NSW.

Salt water crocodiles up north make swimming even more hazardous.

Good news is that we have no land based animals that hunt you down to eat you so camping out is relatively safe.

On the job front we are reasonably good and have a low unemployment rate. Skilled workers are highly sort after. Construction seems to be on the rise and mining still strong. Manufacturing is unfortunately in decline.
 
Damfino_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D

Just watch out for the Dropbears....

Just watch out for the Dropbears....


:rofl:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
VicsCB1100_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D
To all who have asked about tea or may be concerned about too many beers in a beer garden 150 feet above the sea.
Please be assured you can get tea or coffee and anything in between. This pub actually has quite fine dining for a pub.

Yesterday we had a nice seafood lunch washed down with only 1 low alcohol beer. Very sensible compared to how many real beers we would have back in 1972 at the same pub. Those days it was a little rough around the edges and a meat pie would have been considered a main course.
Damfino_imp said:
davidsargee_imp said:
Is it difficult to find employment in Australia? Another ride report or two from our Aussie Brethren and I may just have to move there. Absolutely beautiful Country.
I like tea, but once the bike is put away for the day, I could be a regular guest at the beer garden. :beerchug: :D

Just watch out for the Dropbears....

Just watch out for the Dropbears....


Whilst Rampaging Dropbears are a dubious species, Koalas are sometimes seen around. That picture looks extreme but I have seen the aftermath of picking up an injured Koala from the roadside. Not pretty as those claws are nasty.

The most dangerous things here are the snakes of varying levels of poison. Last week one even appeared at a major football match in the middle of the field.

Sharks attacks are somehow becoming more news worthy especially in West Australia. This morning a woman was taken on the far south coast of NSW.

Salt water crocodiles up north make swimming even more hazardous.

Good news is that we have no land based animals that hunt you down to eat you so camping out is relatively safe.

On the job front we are reasonably good and have a low unemployment rate. Skilled workers are highly sort after. Construction seems to be on the rise and mining still strong. Manufacturing is unfortunately in decline.
Hmmm, so as long as you stay around the pub, all you really have to watch for are spiders and snakes, (I watched Steve Irwin religiously). I'm originally from backwoods Louisiana, critters don't bother me, :) , ours aren't as venomous, but many of them are deadly nonetheless.

Your Pub sounds like a pub that belongs to my friend, good seafood, except he's closer to the Swamp than the beach, aren't any good beaches in Louisiana, but the wetlands are teaming with good things to cook.

I am a Butcher by trade, and a skilled chef, I've never had any trouble finding work. I run a meat/seafood market these days, plus I have a little side Courier business in the evenings Mon thru Fri. I stay pretty busy, for a 54 year old.

Visiting Australia is sort of a bucket list thing for me. If I were 20 or 30 years younger, I probably would go to Australia, and stay a while.

I know I would love it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Hi davidsargee

Interestingly your swamp is on my bucket list.

I have been to California a few times , Vegas and Arizona and halfway across the pond to Hawaii.
The east coast and down south is next in a few years. Maybe I'll come and sample your Louisiana cuisine.

Steve Irwin was a larger than life personalty , bushman and wildlife expert so our scary animals are world famous. Thankfully we dont all feel like wrestling them on the weekends.

Where I live in Sydney is on the coast and bordering a bay and National Park. We get to see whales, some critters and wild parrots quite often. But mostly my bird watching is down at the beach . No danger there unless the wife catches me.

Dont wait too long to come over to visit. Americans seem to fit right in. Beer is always served cold, pubs are plentiful, we have lots of space outside the cities to explore with few if any people for miles, you can eat food from all nationalities, the beaches are free to all and we can understand American.
 
VicsCB1100_imp said:
Hi davidsargee

Interestingly your swamp is on my bucket list.

I have been to California a few times , Vegas and Arizona and halfway across the pond to Hawaii.
The east coast and down south is next in a few years. Maybe I'll come and sample your Louisiana cuisine.

Steve Irwin was a larger than life personalty , bushman and wildlife expert so our scary animals are world famous. Thankfully we dont all feel like wrestling them on the weekends.

Where I live in Sydney is on the coast and bordering a bay and National Park. We get to see whales, some critters and wild parrots quite often. But mostly my bird watching is down at the beach . No danger there unless the wife catches me.

Dont wait too long to come over to visit. Americans seem to fit right in. Beer is always served cold, pubs are plentiful, we have lots of space outside the cities to explore with few if any people for miles, you can eat food from all nationalities, the beaches are free to all and we can understand American.
Hello VicsCB1100,

I will make it a point to go to Sydney when I manage to make the trip. Perhaps in a year or so. Sounds like my kind of place. :thumbsup:

It you happen to get over this way, look me up and I will introduce you to a Louisiana delicacy or two. The best time is the spring, when Crawfish are in season, nothing goes better with a cold beer than boiled crawfish (they would be similar to a popular prawn from Australia). :beerchug:

We understand Australian, but understanding Cajun, (some Louisiana natives), can be a real challenge.

I live in the Fort Worth area in Texas, but Louisiana is a short jaunt, (perfect for a weekend trip on a CB1100).
 
Thread starter
Never tried a crawfish but have our prawns all year round. Tiger prawns are my favourite.

If crawfish have claws they may resemble our freshwater Yabbies. Like mini lobsters.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
I remember seeing something about a "prawn" in Australia that is similar to crawfish, but the Yabbie sounds like the one. Crawfish are freshwater, have a big claw and small claw, and closely resemble a lobster.
 
Thread starter
davidsargee_imp said:
I remember seeing something about a "prawn" in Australia that is similar to crawfish, but the Yabbie sounds like the one. Crawfish are freshwater, have a big claw and small claw, and closely resemble a lobster.
Sounds like Crawfish is a cousin to our Yabbie. Prawns are saltwater . You probably call them shrimp.
davidsargee_imp said:
I remember seeing something about a "prawn" in Australia that is similar to crawfish, but the Yabbie sounds like the one. Crawfish are freshwater, have a big claw and small claw, and closely resemble a lobster.
Sounds like Crawfish is a cousin to our Yabbie. Prawns are saltwater . You probably call them shrimp.
davidsargee_imp said:
I remember seeing something about a "prawn" in Australia that is similar to crawfish, but the Yabbie sounds like the one. Crawfish are freshwater, have a big claw and small claw, and closely resemble a lobster.
Sounds like Crawfish is a cousin to our Yabbie. Prawns are saltwater . You probably call them shrimp.
 
Back
Top