A New Discussion Theme

Nothing better than hopping on my cb1100 and pointing it to Rhode Island on Route 1 North,then a turn off on Route1 A to skirt closer to the shore. Then back on Route 1 and exit to Narragansett for some fresh sea food. Mmmm....mmmm.:P
 
Nothing better than the CB1100 Forum, Dilly Dilly.:beerchug:
 
Nothing better than a quiet serene morning commute through the orchards. Air temp is already 33 degrees, which means the snow will likely all be gone by noon.

 
Nothing better than a spotless/dripless oil change on my CB1100EX because the bike is very well thought out and easy to work on.
 
Troll much? If you've lost that loving feeling feel free to go post where your post will be appreciated...


Gumby 1100_imp said:
Nothing better than to stretch out in comfort, to ride in a quiet pocket of air with no buffeting, and to safely enjoy the sounds around me without needing ear plugs...

...too bad that I had to trade the CB1100 in order to do that!

Although, I should probably change my forum name to Gumby 1750 or Gumby 107, for obvious reasons... ;)
 
TwoBrothersBusa,

You are a relative Newbie here so I will forgive you for your post.
In all the years I have been involved with this "most civil" forum, I think you are the first to suggest that I am a troll (at least in writing). ;)

I take it that you didn't read the second rule for this thread posted by Cormanus:

2) Post must include a reference to the CB1100, or at least, some other motorcycle, but if it isn't a CB, the explanation better be good or ...

I think that I complied with that rule "to the letter" in a civil, but perhaps, tongue-in-cheek fashion. My new bike addresses quite well three of the main issues that many "honest" CB owners will admit to having dealt with...

It was actually with great reluctance that I traded my CB, and it was the events leading up to the tragic loss of my father just three weeks ago that prompted my trade. After he was diagnosed with terminal cancer last fall, I realized that there is no point postponing your dreams and aspirations. It was then that I negotiated the trade and placed my order for the Road King. I only regret that dad was not able to see the new bike...as he passed away the day after I took possession of it...

The Road King certainly will not replace dad, but I will think of him every time I ride it.


TwoBrothersBusa_imp said:
Troll much? If you've lost that loving feeling feel free to go post where your post will be appreciated...


Gumby 1100_imp said:
Nothing better than to stretch out in comfort, to ride in a quiet pocket of air with no buffeting, and to safely enjoy the sounds around me without needing ear plugs...

...too bad that I had to trade the CB1100 in order to do that!

Although, I should probably change my forum name to Gumby 1750 or Gumby 107, for obvious reasons... ;)
 
Nothing better than seeing a late spring finally arrive in Northern Ontario so I can ride my 2016 CB1100A in the days to come. Gotta say that I appreciated Gumby’s post - made me smile out loud. I have a Harley friend with a Road King Limited. We have been talking about a possible west coast trip this summer but frankly I don’t think I will be able to keep up with him as he can ride for significantly longer periods.
 
Gumby, I'm really sorry for your loss. Please know you'll always be part of this CB1100 community that we call "friends." There's nothing better than that.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Gumby, I'm really sorry for your loss. Please know you'll always be part of this CB1100 community that we call "friends." There's nothing better than that.
Thanks...I'll still be "lurking" around here as there may be some CB1100 issues that I can comment on with some semblance of authority.

Besides, I doubt that I'll ever find an H-D Road King forum that has been as...oh, wait, wrong format!

Nothing better than the camaraderie and wealth of practical experience to be found on the CB1100 Forum.
 
:rofl: Nicely done Gumby

My condolences on your father and yes putting things you really want to do off can mean they never get done. Better to do it now.
 
Thread starter
Gumby, my condolences too on the death of your father.

Stick around and tell us about the Road King and your adventures on it. We like people who like bikes.
 
Gumby, I'm sorry for the loss of your father. I know a little bit of how you feel, and maybe a little bit of how it was for your dad, as I survived throat cancer last summer. Hope you be able to spend some peaceful moments as you ride the Road King.
 
Thanks to all for your best wishes and support. It means a lot to me at this time.

Preparing for dad's memorial gathering this weekend and his eulogy has been difficult, as anyone who has lost a close family member can appreciate. But, it can also be rewarding in a sense, because it allows us to revisit and celebrate the life and accomplishments of any dear ones we may lose.
 
Gumby sorry for your loss.

For me there was nothing better than fulfilling a dream with two good friends (Ferret and LongRanger) riding the mountains in CO.

d70a9f9f31e912bd7a0775516109e625.jpg


e1304933950d94ce667f93a4554b22d9.jpg


I also decided today to not postpone my dream any longer and signed the papers on my new 2018 K1600GT.

78af22631816e4db773890b5615e746c.jpg


I do plan to keep my 2014 CB100 standard and enjoy both as they were meant to be.

832ce10efa260c7d4f3dcba8173014bc.jpg


I know all members share the love of riding and many have more than one motorcycle.

I've learned so much in the past 4 years at this forum, I'm truly indebted to all.

I don't think anything says it better than Ferret's signature:

"It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day...Ferret"
 
That's a good one Offroad. And I agree.

Congrats on finally getting your Beemer. I know it's something you've dreamed of for a while. Now you can RIDE across Kansas lol
 
Thread starter
Nice post, offroad, and lovely new bike. Congratulations. We’ll look forward to hearing more about it.
 
Back
Top