A morning on the bike

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
My wife's ex husband lives not far from us and we're all on good terms. In his little community there are a few chaps who ride and one evening much earlier this year he introduced me to one of them with a view that I could go riding with them sometime. A couple of weeks ago this bloke, whose name was Ken, rang and said a couple of them were off on a morning ride next day, did I want to come. As I'd just arrived home from having two BCCs out of my back, I opted for a rest.

On Tuesday Ken rang again with the same offer. I accepted and we agreed to meet at the local service station.

For once I was there first and waited until a couple of bikes pulled in. One pulled up next to me and we introduced ourselves.

"Who were you talking to?" he asked.

"Ken."

"There's three Ken's in this group," he said.

"Um, he talked a bit," I said.

"Aaaaah. That'd be Ken $%^&*," he said turning to one of his mates, "I asked him who which Ken he was talking to and he said one who talks a bit."

They laughed. More bikes pulled in and soon there were 11 of them, including mine. I was surprised as I'd expected only three maybe four bikes. A few of them seemed surprised that so many of them had turned up.

Anyway, we took the scenic route to the Bellbird Creek Tea House where we had coffee and a yabber before riding home. It was a lovely warm day.

I forgot my camera but managed to take some photos with my phone. Who'd have thought, forty years ago, outside Get Smart, you could say "took photos with my phone" and not immediately be locked up?

Map of a pleasant 98 km ride


This Harley had been picked up by its new owner (the only woman rider in the group) brand new the day before. This was its first outing. Turned out she'd just ridden in a group from LA to Mexico. Her old bike, now being ridden by her partner is below




This Hornet used to belong to the rider of the VFR1200 below








I like this one a lot


This BMW 800 belonged to the Ken who had asked me on the ride


The gem belongs to my mate, Tim, who is able to ride it very well indeed. He's done a lovely job on it.





This guy wasn't with us, but he was a good bloke and it was a nice bike, so I thought I'd throw in the photo

A good way to spend a Wednesday morning. I hope they'll ask me again.
 
Thanks for the post. Looks much better than here in Northeast USA.
cee690f511bd2543e0151254c03ef69b.JPG
 
Dont get me wrong........I have no intention what-so-ever to bash a fellow motorcyclist's ride.
Also, I have been a devout Honda man my whole life....my first ever motorcycle that I operated was a friend's SL100. The first motorcycle I ever owned
was a CL450 Scrambler, and Ive owned many other Hondas through the years.
Having stated my disclaimer, that generation VFR has got to be one of the ugliest bikes ever produced.
Who at Honda designed/signed-off on that model
I feel really bad for saying it (its taken me a couple weeks to get the courage).
God bless the owner. I'm sure he is a fine, upstanding gentleman and I'm glad he has a bike that he loves to ride.
He is probably ALSO six-foot-eight and 300 lbs that would love to bash my head in right now!
No hard feelings if the mods want to delete this post.
 
Hey..there's no accounting for taste, right? For example, I was saving up for a VFR1200f when the CB1100 came along. My problem was the cost or, better stated, the value of that VFR, but I actually liked the overall look of it. Still do, but not as much.
 
Inline4_imp said:
Dont get me wrong........I have no intention what-so-ever to bash a fellow motorcyclist's ride.
Also, I have been a devout Honda man my whole life....my first ever motorcycle that I operated was a friend's SL100. The first motorcycle I ever owned
was a CL450 Scrambler, and Ive owned many other Hondas through the years.
Having stated my disclaimer, that generation VFR has got to be one of the ugliest bikes ever produced.
Who at Honda designed/signed-off on that model
I feel really bad for saying it (its taken me a couple weeks to get the courage).
God bless the owner. I'm sure he is a fine, upstanding gentleman and I'm glad he has a bike that he loves to ride.
He is probably ALSO six-foot-eight and 300 lbs that would love to bash my head in right now!
No hard feelings if the mods want to delete this post.
Bash your head in??? You must be kidding. I don't think that the bloke who owns the Viffer could give a toss about the opinion of someone on this forum regarding the looks of his bike. Each to there own. I don't happen to like, amongst others, any cruiser ever made, Diavels, R1s ..... And the list goes on. However I do recognise that every mother thinks their baby is beautiful. It makes the world what it is.

Cheers
 
Back
Top