A little update on the forum

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
The CB 1100 has quite a following around the world, and thankfully many of the owners that love this motorcycle have found there way to this forum. Currently we have nearly 1800 members. Quite a difference from April 14, 2013 the first full day of forum operation when we had 20 members including forum founder and administrator Guth, who jump started this deal during the middle of the night the day before. Of course, not all of our members are active, but we have a very active forum base compared to what I have seen on other forums. A lot of friendly, knowledgable, respectful, and thoughtful members here I am proud to say.

I think we have 10 or 11 countries listed in the registry, but we have members from some countries that didn't sign up for the registry last time I looked. I know we have members in USA, Canada, Italy, France, Germany, UK, Australia, Japan, Russia, Thailand, Vietnam, Netherlands, Switzerland, Estonia, Czech Republic, Spain, Taiwan, and South Africa. That's nearly 20 countries. There may be more, I 'd have to dig a bit.

Our registry is run by our esteemed colleague from Australia, Cormanus. Check it out below.

CB1100_Owners_Register

Sure would like to have ALL countries and members represented in the registry, so anyone not listed feel free to let Cormanus know and sign up.

Interestingly as I looked this info up, I checked who was online and it showed 13 members and 42 GUESTS, which means more than 3x as many visitors as members are looking in on what we are saying about this bike. It is like that every time I check. The most users online at one time was 119 on 11/10/14... just 10 days ago.
Our members have made almost 65,000 posts in nearly 4,000 threads.

I am continually amazed at how people from all over the world are drawn to this motorcycle. I wonder if Soichiro Honda had any idea what he was starting when he produced the inline 4 stroke, inline 4 cylinder CB 750 Honda.

Thought some might appreciate this update.

BTW... A few of us are getting together in the Smokies near some of the best riding on the planet next May if any members would like to join us for a great time

2015 CB 1100 Rally - Western NC
 
You guys should be proud of yourselves. You contrived an awesome site centered around an equally awesome Motorcycle. How can you not pull in the masses.
 
Well said, MFGUSA. Great work indeed Guth and Ferret.

As of a few moments ago, there are 257 bikes on the registry from 11 countries.
 
Agreed. A great site. Informative, helpful and, importantly, full of interesting people and places. I have to say that the tone of the site is excellent. My thanks to Guth and the tireless efforts of the "Man with the Velvet Glove" - The ferret.

Cheers, and thanks also to all forum members.
 
Best forum around I think. Love the way members keep derisive comments and divisive subjects out of the conversation. Just good karma here.

Meet up in the Smokey Mountains will be great. Excited about meeting forum members in person.
 
Good stuff. I'm grateful to Guth for starting this forum and you for running it. It helped me tremendously when deciding whether to buy my CB and I'm certain it's helped scores more do exactly the same. I also appreciate the membership and all the helpful, entertaining, and even occasionally silly posts. You all keep me coming back for more.

I'd love to join you in the Smoky Mountains but I just calculated the distance at 2217 miles from my doorstep to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I don't know that I'm ready for that road trip just yet. But who knows, May is still six months away!
 
We're lucky indeed to have such a civil, informative, diverse and genuinely friendly place to talk about our awesome bikes. Thanks to all!
 
redbirds_imp said:
Best forum around I think. Love the way members keep derisive comments and divisive subjects out of the conversation. Just good karma here.

Meet up in the Smokey Mountains will be great. Excited about meeting forum members in person.
Completely agree. Looking forward to May!
 
This really is a fine forum, dedicated to a great motorbike, with excellent, respectful discourse. Kudos to to the founders. On a side note, many of the 'guests' you see are likely 'bots' from search engines, ad serving firms and nefarious interweb types who ping forums relentlessly. Keep the phasers on stun.
 
Thread starter
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Good stuff. I'm grateful to Guth for starting this forum and you for running it. It helped me tremendously when deciding whether to buy my CB and I'm certain it's helped scores more do exactly the same. I also appreciate the membership and all the helpful, entertaining, and even occasionally silly posts. You all keep me coming back for more.

I'd love to join you in the Smoky Mountains but I just calculated the distance at 2217 miles from my doorstep to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I don't know that I'm ready for that road trip just yet. But who knows, May is still six months away!
If you left now, it would only be like 12 miles a day
 
[/QUOTE]

If you left now, it would only be like 12 miles a day
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Quite possibly the funniest reply you've ever made, Ferret. Especially knowing, without need for verifying, that you actually did the math.
 
Thread starter
well, 2217 miles divided by 190 days is actually 11.77 miles a day but I rounded it up ;)
 
:thumbsup:
The ferret_imp said:
well, 2217 miles divided by 190 days is actually 11.77 miles a day but I rounded it up ;)
Yes, I see. Figure in 12 miles a day instead of 11.77. Why? Because there's no need to rush things!
 
Ferret, many thanks to u and tHe organizers for running a great, well moderated site. There's a tone of useful info here and folks are freindly and keep the BS quotient low :)

I too lurked for around 6 months b4 signing up. Found lots of good info on possible mods and accessories, I wouldn't otherwise found. Congrats on a well run, classy site!
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
:thumbsup:
The ferret_imp said:
well, 2217 miles divided by 190 days is actually 11.77 miles a day but I rounded it up ;)
Yes, I see. Figure in 12 miles a day instead of 11.77. Why? Because there's no need to rush things!
That's right. Those extra .23 miles per day account for taking the scenic route more often than not. (Or in my case, getting lost now and again.)
 
Great forum-the best..
I have to say- I would not have purchased my cb11 if it had not been for the info contained in this forum. Its an amazing reference library and covers just about every topic one could think about when considering purchasing this bike.
I had shortlisted a few bikes (the cb11 being at the top) and spent months reading the various posts.
The info covered in here is extensive and incredibly useful- and as someone mentioned above I wonder if Honda knows how valuable this forum it is to their brand...
You guys have put together a forum that rivals the quality of the bike we all love - great job guys! So thankful this forum exists.
 
The ferret_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Good stuff. I'm grateful to Guth for starting this forum and you for running it. It helped me tremendously when deciding whether to buy my CB and I'm certain it's helped scores more do exactly the same. I also appreciate the membership and all the helpful, entertaining, and even occasionally silly posts. You all keep me coming back for more.

I'd love to join you in the Smoky Mountains but I just calculated the distance at 2217 miles from my doorstep to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I don't know that I'm ready for that road trip just yet. But who knows, May is still six months away!
If you left now, it would only be like 12 miles a day
If you left now, it would only be like 12 miles a day
Since you put it that way, it doesn't seem so far! See you in May!
 
Guth_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
:thumbsup:
The ferret_imp said:
well, 2217 miles divided by 190 days is actually 11.77 miles a day but I rounded it up ;)
Yes, I see. Figure in 12 miles a day instead of 11.77. Why? Because there's no need to rush things!
That's right. Those extra .23 miles per day account for taking the scenic route more often than not. (Or in my case, getting lost now and again.)
That's right. Those extra .23 miles per day account for taking the scenic route more often than not. (Or in my case, getting lost now and again.)
Lost? Lost? Really Guth, never, never, ever use that word. "Temporarily unsure of my position" is the correct term.

Cheers, Vasco Pa Jama.
 
Thanks Guth, Ferret and Cormanus for the great forum. It is amazing how you have been able to get so many people from all around the world together to share their knowledge and ideas for the CB1100 and other motorcycles.
 
Back
Top