A little help with the blues?

MikeOxbig_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
All righty! Wild Hogs is arriving today via Netflix. Of course, the wife is home now, so she will be giving me the big eye roll when I pop it in :angel:
I just added Wild Hogs in my Netflix queue and now it shows "very long wait." So please hurry up and return it as soon as you watch it! LOL

They already shipped "One Week" but I may return it before watching it since it's on Youtube, per LongRanger.
Too funny. I tried ordering it yesterday and got the same response -- "Very long wait." You'd think they'd have more than one copy!
 
Er... Netflix streaming?
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
What, no mention of "Little Fauss and Big Halsy"?

(Admittedly it is probably hard to find.)
Aw, yeah! I love everything I've ever seem Michael Pollard in, even that Star Trek episode about the planet full on homicidal kids.
I see that you can get it from all the streaming services for $2.99. Might me worth a watch!
 
Well with the Blizzard we are supposed to get today I am glad I got the book in the mail last night Riding with Rilke reflections on motorcycles and books. I started it last night. It is a pretty good read for those who are so inclined.
 
My copy of Wild Hogs finally arrived from Netflix today. No offense guys, but that's one really stupid movie. Two thumbs down. It's a lame redo of City Slickers (which I enjoyed), but on motorcycles. Ugh. Tim Allen, sure, but I can't believe John Travolta would agree to appear in that!
 
Ok...Netflix...motorcycle films, documentaries..lets see...
"Road" narrated by Liam Neeson absolutely the most sobering film I've seen in awhile.

Long Way Round 9 HR documentary 2004 Amazon, LWR website
Ones you may not have seen...

On any Sunday Revisited (Dana Brown) Amazon

From Dust to Glory (Dana Brown) Netflix
 
LongRanger_imp said:
My copy of Wild Hogs finally arrived from Netflix today. No offense guys, but that's one really stupid movie. Two thumbs down. It's a lame redo of City Slickers (which I enjoyed), but on motorcycles. Ugh. Tim Allen, sure, but I can't believe John Travolta would agree to appear in that!

Well it's a comedy, not a documentary. :rofl: I like comedies. I watch it at least once a year. (I wouldn't watch Road again or Long Way Around). I think it's great that it spoofs the " lifestyle", is a commentary on middle aged men and their mid life crisis's, and how not everyone's normal everyday life is peachy, that regardless there can be something epic in your life. Plus it shows a few great riding scenes.
 
I remembered our local drive-in theater periodically would show 4 biker movies (dusk to dawn). It would be Hell's angels type of stuff and one sticks in my memory as "werewolves on wheels" where bikers meet hooded satanists. :D
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
My copy of Wild Hogs finally arrived from Netflix today. No offense guys, but that's one really stupid movie. Two thumbs down. It's a lame redo of City Slickers (which I enjoyed), but on motorcycles. Ugh. Tim Allen, sure, but I can't believe John Travolta would agree to appear in that!
I have to agree, though I laughed at some bits. I just kept waiting for Ray Liotta's big friend to knock the cuss outa him. Travolta wasn't at his best, there, was he?
Anyhow, I assume the sticker I put on the disk was gone? It was a little yellow post-it thing that just said CB 1100 Forum with a little stick figure bike. Thought it might make it through the screening process, or maybe they actually have more than one disk in circulation? Imagine!
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
I remembered our local drive-in theater periodically would show 4 biker movies (dusk to dawn). It would be Hell's angels type of stuff and one sticks in my memory as "werewolves on wheels" where bikers meet hooded satanists. :D

Curly.. You can still watch a bunch of those on youtube. The entire movie. Now THOSE were bad movies..cheesy music, cheesy fight scenes, cheesy language mannnn, lol. I watched one after re-watching "One Week" the other day. The one I watched actually had Dennis Hopper in it, as a bad biker. It was horrible, but I couldn't stop watching it until the end. Lol

One Week on the other hand was great.
 
No little yellow CB1100 Forum sticker on the DVD I received.

Ferret, I know it's a comedy, but to me, it fell flat. But that's fine. I'm just glad I had an opportunity to see it.
 
Want funny? Want Adventure? Want sex and violence? You get them all with Timerider 1982 " The adventures of Lyle Swan" a Michael Nesmith Production..."Hey hey he was a Monkee..."
"If General Lee had on of them wheel machines, we'd have won the war"
Peter Cyote
 
Back
Top