A "Like" Button Would Be Nice

Aka Tsubasa_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
To Ferret, Cormanus, and Guth,

Any chance we could get a "Like" button under each posting? Once "Liked" a posting would show the name of who "Liked" it. I find it to be a nice way to tell if someone agrees with you.

I learned to use this function at the GSXS1000 site. See here for an example: twitchy throttle possible solution? Make sure to use the "full" non-mobile view to see the "likes".

Thank you for reading this great leaders! :)
 
I'm under the impression that the forum software currently in use here does not support it (software that runs on the server side).
 
ALCON: Remember that before you address AT's issue about the like button I still have an open workorder on long sleeve T-shirts :)
 
This is one for the boss ...
 
If we wanted face book we'd be on face book. If you have an opinion give it and tell us why. Pushing a button serves no one. That is my opinion!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
If we wanted face book we'd be on face book. If you have an opinion give it and tell us why. Pushing a button serves no one. That is my opinion!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It's just a way to avoid posts like the following:

^ This!

+1

I agree with Retsel!
 
So Resel is not one for typing "+1" or just saying "well said", I guess. That's ok, I find those affirming statements cumbersome here myself. Which is why having the "Like" button here would come in handy. No need to scroll through a bunch of posts that essentially say "Like". On forums I have participated in that have the "like" button, opinions were still stated and discussions continued to be robust. Pushing a button serves everyone in that discussion threads are not interrupted by posts that say "I agree".

If it is technologically possible on this particular forum, and if it doesn't cost anything, I see no downside. Folks that agree with Retsel's position would be free not to click the button.
 
I'm not a big fan of the "like" button personally. If you don't like something enough to take the time to comment, then do you "really" like it all that much, lol?

On the other hand, I would like to encourage members thanking one another more often, so I've found a "like" plug-in that allows modification to serve as a "thanks" instead.

Hopefully you guys will like (pun intended) this compromise.
Frulk_imp said:
ALCON: Remember that before you address AT's issue about the like button I still have an open workorder on long sleeve T-shirts :)
Sadly, setting up the t-shirt files/configurations for the store is a bit more painful and time consuming.
 
We'll see how this goes. If anyone doesn't like this idea then by all means let The ferret or Cormanus know about it.

Ok, kidding, if you don't like this go ahead and speak your peace, or PM if you'd like.

Guth
 
I can't cope with all this change. :(
 
Stichill_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
If we wanted face book we'd be on face book. If you have an opinion give it and tell us why. Pushing a button serves no one. That is my opinion!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
It's just a way to avoid posts like the following:

^ This!

+1

I agree with Retsel!
It's just a way to avoid posts like the following:

^ This!

+1

I agree with Retsel!
AOL
 
I had to give it a whirl and thanked Arctic for his comment. Lol
 
Crikey! Even more change. Now there's 'EMail', 'PM', and 'Find' buttons. When I click on the 'Find' button in a Ferret post, there are 873 pages to review.

No thanks. :P
 
490 pages for you my friend, not much easier to find a certain reply you made lol
 
Back
Top