A 400 lb 250cc bike?

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Would you buy this?

9b72065d580bc39349f0d7d4cb337f97.jpg


c5cbef37495573d418903666541c2bbd.jpg


6 speeds, 60 plus MPG, 3.5 gal tank, liquid cooled twin, only 24 hp but tuned for low and midrange. On the heavy side, yes, but MSRP is only $3,999.

The Suzuki GW250!
 
I suspect I'd want a bit more engine, but I'm also on the heavier side. Apart from that I think it looks like a lot of bike for the money...and it seems to have "real motorcycle" proportions--which I like, even if it means extra weight.

If I had to choose between this, a CB250R and a Ninja 300 for general riding (and wasn't worried about "retro" styling), I'd probably go for this. Some people don't like the looks, but they don't bother me. Webbikeworld.com has one for a long-term test, I believe.
 
Water-cooled four-strokes are just heavier than the air-cooled two-strokes we grew up with.

I've read both extremes in the reviews of this bike; Motorcycle.com liked it pretty well, Cycle World or M/C panned it. If I were looking in that range it would definitely be the Ninja 300. That's an extremely well-developed bike that gets rave reviews from everybody.
 
My daughter in law had a Ninja 300. I rode it twice. Just not in my nature anymore to have to ride around in the north end of the tach. The thing didn't even begin to run until it got above 6000 rpms. If you had to slow down it was mad downshifting so you didn't bog it when getting back on the gas...and they are just so....small, and I'm a pretty small fella.

I'm basically a liter bike guy or bigger. Just couldn't live with anything smaller than a 750 and really prefer big bore roadsters.
 
Considering Honda's new CB®500 line, I can't see why anyone looking at any of the mentioned bikes wouldn't go ahead and step up to that. They are priced extremely well and have been constantly raved about. Plus there's a version for everyone (naked, sport, adventure). I myself planned on getting the naked model before I purchased the 1100
 
Thread starter
chrisross_imp said:
Considering Honda's new CB®500 line, I can't see why anyone looking at any of the mentioned bikes wouldn't go ahead and step up to that. They are priced extremely well and have been constantly raved about. Plus there's a version for everyone (naked, sport, adventure). I myself planned on getting the naked model before I purchased the 1100
This?

572fb7d977dd21c396c71685a1f6a097.jpg


$5499
 
My last bike was the CBR250r. I loved it and Im not a tiny person by any means. It was so easy to toss around and for great gas mileage, too. I did not move to the CB because the 250 was too small. I moved to it because I fell in love with it. So, yes, I would own a 250cc bike. However, if the CBR500r had been available at the time, I would have got it instead of the 250.
 
pechorin75_imp said:
I suspect I'd want a bit more engine, but I'm also on the heavier side. Apart from that I think it looks like a lot of bike for the money...and it seems to have "real motorcycle" proportions--which I like, even if it means extra weight.

If I had to choose between this, a CB250R and a Ninja 300 for general riding (and wasn't worried about "retro" styling), I'd probably go for this. Some people don't like the looks, but they don't bother me. Webbikeworld.com has one for a long-term test, I believe.
My thoughts exactly.
I know a lot of people say, "It's more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast, than a fast motorcycle slow", but I've never really understood that opinion. I've had plenty of conservatively-powered bikes, and though they may have been fun in their own way, they've always left me wanting for more. My Bonneville is a case in point - it is actually a very fun, easy to ride, tossable bike, but at the end of the day, I'm always wishing it had 20-40 more hp. In fact, if it had that, I might never have bought the CB11. (I'd still be drooling over it however...) The CB may not be a powerhouse by any means, but it is at least "sufficient", and can get out of its own way. And when the need or want arises, you know that a healthy twist of the throttle and/or downshift will invoke a fairly impressive response.
Having said all that, I think this is a good looking little bike, even if it wouldn't be on my radar. :thumbsup:
 
wildezt_imp said:
the headlight looks kinda like the BKing's..
Wha' the heck?
CB4ME_imp said:
Would you buy this?

9b72065d580bc39349f0d7d4cb337f97.jpg


c5cbef37495573d418903666541c2bbd.jpg


6 speeds, 60 plus MPG, 3.5 gal tank, liquid cooled twin, only 24 hp but tuned for low and midrange. On the heavy side, yes, but MSRP is only $3,999.

The Suzuki GW250!
Heh. One might actually be happier on a Honda Forza 300.
 
Don't they call that the Inazuma? it's very popular in certain parts of the world. It was on a list of possibilities for my wife's first bike, but she said, quote: "it's butt ugly." i can't disagree with her.
 
When I returned to motorcycling, I wanted to by a Honda CB500R. Beautiful looking motorcycle with its tri-colored paint scheme.
But my 6 foot 2 inch, 225 pound, 68 year old body did not fit on it.

Finally settled on a CB500XA.
Rode it for 33,000 kilometers over 3 summers, and enjoyed every ride on it. Light, nimble, great gas mileage and range.
 
wildezt_imp said:
the headlight looks kinda like the BKing's..
The monstrous exhaust on the B-King reminds me of the custom exhaust stacks that the local hillbillys put on their pickup trucks. Someone's trying to compensate. I always laugh.

47f08905964f3cb6cdabd9fabe9e0f73.jpg
 
LongRanger_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
the headlight looks kinda like the BKing's..
The monstrous exhaust on the B-King reminds me of the custom exhaust stacks that the local hillbillys put on their pickup trucks. Someone's trying to compensate. I always laugh.

47f08905964f3cb6cdabd9fabe9e0f73.jpg
Does the rain water drain out somewhere?

(I know, I know! ... not exactly a motorcycle-related remark)
 
Back
Top