mnm2008_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
What does a 8K service generally cost on the new CB's?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Slight correction there mate. Mine were adjusted and shimmed by a dealer (Sydney's largest) at the first major. It, the whole service that is, was a costly exercise, in excess of $1000. The cost, plus some irregularities in the way the bike was returned to me made me decide to go to DIY. The two valve clearance checks I have since done have shown the valves to be in spec.Cormanus_imp said:So far, though, I don't think anyone's reported the need for value clearance adjustment. Mine have been checked 3 times now and continue to be in spec.
So how many valves were adjusted? Intake or exhaust? Were they out of spec or did dealer just bring them to middle of spec? I know a lot of questions, but that's how we are going to learn the tendencies for these motors.Pterodactyl_imp said:Yes I have a detailed receipt for the entire service. Shims were not costly, although I have since found a supply at the right price. The entire service was around AUD 900 plus a couple of hundred to shim the valves, in excess of just checking them that is.
If the costs had been more reasonable the dealer would have had the pleasure of slowly bleeding me in the intervening 43000kms.
But he was too greedy first time. Now you know why I do it myself. Once bitten, twice shy.
Cheers
Ferret, I haven't forgotten your questions in your previous post. I am looking through paperwork for some answers.The ferret_imp said:Hiker my service mgr says the same thing. I almost had to demand they check them on my ST at 54,000 miles ( they had never been checked). They were all in spec.