80 mile trip to the grocery store?

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
A quick trip to the corner grocery store for a can of sweetened condensed milk somehow ended up as a 80 mile ride, complete with pictures. Funny how that can happen, especially on a new CB1100 :D

I tried to stay on main roads only:

9ed40e2143d1c507556df76a89e09504.jpg


Typical scenery in north central Maryland:

a668925decd53427bfd4a35788b41c3d.jpg


A nice stream in southern PA:

691329e3d175d9351b88a2e5f8e61d56.jpg


A mile from my house:

6c28db21780325558f1f0e47f96fd3cb.jpg


My wife was waiting patienly when I got finally home.

"Back so soon Honey" she smiled. Man, I love my wife. :heart:


Edit - I need a lesson in how to post a picture. :@
 
You may need a lesson on how to post with a post... But you certainly don't need any help taking awesome CB pics! Very nice. Thanks for posting!
 
Looked like a beautiful trip to the store
 
Hey CB4ME, made a few quick edits for you, although it appears that one image has been moved or removed.

Looks like a great trip to the grocery store!
 
Thread starter
Guth -

Thanks for fixing my pictures. It's been several years since I messed with photobucket.

Now for practice on posting pictures :rolleyes:

There aren't that many switchbacks in south central PA but I found a nice one yesterday. (Note: going uphill "fast" is a lot easier than going downhill "fast". But the CB1100 kept me out of trouble)

3e948271c697e7335043f1df6f1e3013.jpg
 
Thread starter
Wrapping up a memorable Memorial Day, the wife and I did a nice 76 mile ride.......and the verdict's in. She likes the CB1100 more than our recently sold late model Bonneville. And so do I. And so do a bunch of folks over at Chesapeake HD.

2d6ffdc30512555223468c3cce151eee.jpg


65baeaa14e3760dee6e1dd33878df635.jpg


We wandered down to Susquehanna State Park before grabbing some lunch in Bel Air, MD. A very nice day!

3919b341ff8928ac3a1627917bb647d2.jpg


Mileage on a tank of gas (with 60% of the time done 2-up riding) was 45.5mpg. Not bad for a bike with only 300 miles on it.
 
CB4Me, glad that you are putting the bike to good use.

Also, wow, you not only have good taste in bikes, but great taste in wives !

Enjoy

mike
 
old blue_imp said:
CB4Me, glad that you are putting the bike to good use.

Also, wow, you not only have good taste in bikes, but great taste in wives !

Enjoy

mike
Please post a picture of your awesome wife!!!!

Chip
 
Thread starter
It dried up enough to take a ride today. That's a nice local orchard in the background.

The bike has undergone a few modification since that first "long ride" back in May.

d32e48623da83b91e5336c8661f348a8.jpg
 
CB4ME_imp said:
A quick trip to the corner grocery store for a can of sweetened condensed milk somehow ended up as a 80 mile ride, complete with pictures. Funny how that can happen, especially on a new CB1100 :D

I tried to stay on main roads only:

9ed40e2143d1c507556df76a89e09504.jpg


Typical scenery in north central Maryland:

a668925decd53427bfd4a35788b41c3d.jpg


A nice stream in southern PA:

691329e3d175d9351b88a2e5f8e61d56.jpg


A mile from my house:

6c28db21780325558f1f0e47f96fd3cb.jpg


My wife was waiting patienly when I got finally home.

"Back so soon Honey" she smiled. Man, I love my wife. :heart:


Edit - I need a lesson in how to post a picture. :@
Hey CB4ME, did you buy that condensed milk..? doesn't look like it :D..!
Man these random trips are awesome.
 
Back
Top