Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That sprocket swap wouldn't work well on a 2014 and later bike with a 6-speed.DBM_imp said:Has anyone done this sprocket swap on a 6 speed?
Ya.peterbaron_imp said:I had the 2013 CB1100 with a 5-speed gearbox and for this reason I sold it and bought the 2104 6-speed model which I consider to be a great improvement and smart engineering.
This type of 21st century bike should never have a 5-speed gearbox.
I love the factory gearing in my 14 love having that 6th gear overdriverbike_imp said:The 2014 screwed it all up - IMO. Instead of just adding a 6th gear and leaving everything else alone, they changed all the gearing. Best option is the 2013 with a larger (only 1 tooth possible due to space imitation) front sprocket and decrease the rear by 2 or 4.
Whoever buys my 2013 CB1100 get the opportunity to do it themselves.
At 1200 rpm.The ferret_imp said:I use 6th gear all the time ... on every ride.