Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
7th Gear Design's account was closed, and they no longer appear to be in business. Only aluminum sprockets can be special ordered from other suppliers, but no one else makes custom steel sprocket for the CB1100.ozigoo_imp said:Thinking of getting the steel 19T front 37T rear kit from 7th Gear Designs.. The discussion thread ended a bit strangely, so thought I'd ask if those who have them are happy with their purchases? Cheers
7th Gear Design's account was closed, and they no longer appear to be in business. Only aluminum sprockets can be special ordered from other suppliers, but no one else makes custom steel sprocket for the CB1100.pekingduck_imp said:7th Gear Design's account was closed, and they no longer appear to be in business. Only aluminum sprockets can be special ordered from other suppliers, but no one else makes custom steel sprocket for the CB1100.ozigoo_imp said:Thinking of getting the steel 19T front 37T rear kit from 7th Gear Designs.. The discussion thread ended a bit strangely, so thought I'd ask if those who have them are happy with their purchases? Cheers
The 19T front was originally from JT Sprockets (JTF339-19), but also appears to be discontinued.
My apologies. When I checked a few years ago and tried to reach him by phone and email, I got no responses. He was local to me, and I had purchased several sprockets from him prior. Is he having the rear sprocket made in steel?ozigoo_imp said:I emailed Jim Alfaro (from the 7th Gear Designs website) and he emailed back with a price and estimated delivery time no problem, so I'm not sure what you are referring to?
I had a set and they were at least as good as factory quality. The original thread had several members do the swap and all were happy, except one who thought (unreasonably) it took too long to get.ozigoo_imp said:Im assuming steel like his previous ones.. Still wanting some one who has them to chime in on their experience?
Cheers
Did you order them?pekingduck_imp said:Happy to say that I got a quick e-mail reply and the CB1100 steel sprockets are available from 7th Gear designs.
So what are the benefits of swapping out the front to a 19 and the rear to a 37? Does that give you more "off the line" or more "top end"? I have never considered doing a sprocket change-out on any bike I have owned.Crisker_imp said:Did you order them?pekingduck_imp said:Happy to say that I got a quick e-mail reply and the CB1100 steel sprockets are available from 7th Gear designs.
If so, please come back with a report.
A sprocket change is usually my first performance upgrade and I will follow this closely.
So what are the benefits of swapping out the front to a 19 and the rear to a 37? Does that give you more "off the line" or more "top end"? I have never considered doing a sprocket change-out on any bike I have owned. In this case, the 19T front and 37T rear sprockets combine to lower the engine rpms at 70mph, from about 4000rpm, to about 3600rpm. For many 2013 owners, there is an objectionable vibration that can be numbing over time. For 2014, an overdrive 6th gear was added.Whoops_imp said:So what are the benefits of swapping out the front to a 19 and the rear to a 37? Does that give you more "off the line" or more "top end"? I have never considered doing a sprocket change-out on any bike I have owned.Crisker_imp said:Did you order them?pekingduck_imp said:Happy to say that I got a quick e-mail reply and the CB1100 steel sprockets are available from 7th Gear designs.
If so, please come back with a report.
A sprocket change is usually my first performance upgrade and I will follow this closely.
Well you should at least take your RLET's off and make a pair of earings out of them to forever remind you of your days with the CB1100.rbike_imp said:FYI, I just listed my 2013 in the classified section. As part of the sale, I am making my 19, 37, & 35 tooth sprockets available that were not yet installed - explains why for sale - too many things going on. Never had time - I know no excuses. If the buyer does not want them or .... I'll make them available here, but the purchaser would have first rights.

Ha ha, as a Christmas Present for the wife of courserbike_imp said:I didn't know that you were that kinda "guy".
. Good luck with the sale. That's some RV you have there, that would scare the beejeesus out of me driving that.