7/8 Superbike bar on a 2013

1985CB450_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
First official mod on my new to me 2013 model

b3788f615be1d227b23a68884f22bd9c.jpg


Its an Emgo 7/8 Superbike bar and has the same dimensions as the stock bar so I was able to reuse Honda's clever anti vibe bar end weights
 
If you think of it, would you post an update after riding a bit? I would like something approximately these dimensions, but I'm afraid that the lack of knurling on that bar will cause slippage/bar rotation under hard braking.
 
When I used bars with no knurling, I would pre-fit them, mark the clamp area off with tape or a Sharpie, and use a spring-loaded automatic centerpunch and fill those areas with a bunch of dimples.
 
Thread starter
Less pullback and about half the rise of the stock bars.

I was also thinking they may need to be dimpled but I have found it not necessary. I've tweaked the bars several times to find the perfect fit and have had no issues in getting it tight and secure. I tested by holding the front brake and compressing the forks forcefully and they are rock solid.

I absolutely love the riding position, just slightly forward with a nice big flat bar

Mirrors are next
 
Back
Top