30 years between CB1100s

cb400four_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Late last week I took delivery of a 1983 CB1100F that I purchased from a fantastic gentleman in New Mexico and subsequently had the bike shipped to the east coast. I'll post a thread on the riding experience comparing these two bikes after I get the older one inspected (some issues with turn signals have to be worked out) and I have a chance to put some miles on it.

For now, here are pics of the bikes!

In the yard

2b44ab225d9ba9eb22051737a861be06.jpg


Newer and older, side by side

9b854092c54691883d54ae3efd8d5d40.jpg


Which one to ride this afternoon?

9e622f7d1c7ade0e82c728ae29afc97a.jpg
 
Wow, looks awesome. A true collectible. Congrats
 
Thread starter
Yes, more power (about 108 compared to 82) and higher top speed; it is a bit of a beast compared to the beauty of the 2013 model. The 2013 is certainly a better overall bike, after all, 30 years have passed!
 
Hard to argue with that; I hardly ever find myself above 4k RPM on the '13 anyway, so that extra 20-some HP wouldn't do me any good :) If I was to have a second bike, it'd be a much smaller one.
I still love the look of the 900F and 1100F from that era though.
 
Nice find on the F. Interesting profile pic of the bikes side by side. Throw a road comet faring on the 2013 and the front of the two bikes would look very similar in my opinion. Tanks even have kind of a similar shape. Enjoy the new/old ride. A true collectable.
 
I think that with the rear cowl/trunk painted up like that would look simply awesome.
 
Man, that takes me back to the future. If only I had that bike back in the day, it would have made my "You meet the nicest people" picture fully complete. Thanks for posting.
 
Back
Top