30,000 mile (48,000 km) report

sanoke_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
c2a7b887e9d2b44b470b58fc7a1dd122.jpg

237841dae979f3a8dffe8e3b6559e384.jpg


Just rolled over 30,000 on my 2013 CB1100 so I thought I'd share a report. I'm on my 4th front tire and my 3rd rear. Still running the stock BS tires. Work just fine for me so I don't think I'll switch. Replaced the rear brakes and chain at about 26,000. Could have gotten more out of both but I was changing the rear tire and it was just so much more convenient to do it then. Added a Corbin seat and Ikon shocks and improved the ride a bunch. Valves were all in spec at 22,000 so I've decided to only check them once a year from now on. Same with the plugs. I'll probably pull them more often and check the gap but they looked so good last time I checked, I just can't see replacing them as often as the manual says. Other than that, it's just been normal servicing for everything else as the manual suggests.

Gas mileage has dropped from 62mpg last summer to around 57mpg this past winter. I'm sure the colder weather and the big Plexifaring wind screen contributed to that.

All in all, this bike has just been a pleasure to ride and maintain. Definitely a keeper.
 
On my old 550, the fairing cut into the mileage a LOT.

What is that red thing attached to the grab bar in the rear?
 
You do get about Sanoke. The bike's looking good on it.
 
Rboe_imp said:
On my old 550, the fairing cut into the mileage a LOT.

What is that red thing attached to the grab bar in the rear?
That looks like an emergency fuel supply. I would like one of those for long trips where I push the limits between stops.

Chip
 
Great report and about what we'd expect out of this bike.

I think it's a fire extinguisher. he rides so fast there is a chance of spontaneous cumbustion.
 
Maybe a bottle of NOx, to get those miles quickly.

Thanks for the report, I hoped to ride that much when I retire.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
On my old 550, the fairing cut into the mileage a LOT.

What is that red thing attached to the grab bar in the rear?
That looks like an emergency fuel supply. I would like one of those for long trips where I push the limits between stops.

Chip
That looks like an emergency fuel supply. I would like one of those for long trips where I push the limits between stops.

Chip
That would be a very useful thing indeed.
 
Thanks for the report. Your experience with valve clearance with your CB is what I have experienced with other shim under bucket systems, rarely needing adjustment. Many more happy miles to you.
 
Good job on hitting the 30,000 mile mark! :clap:

I carry a MSR liter of gas in my top case on long rides.

70532e93ff0a1821ae0c0b917ea95f18.jpg


How do I keep it upright? Velcro is my friend.

1e0a7d82fa2f8bb25075d91398398dce.jpg


Works great for starting campfires with wet wood. :D
 
A liter? They go metric in Wisconsin? Lol
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
On my old 550, the fairing cut into the mileage a LOT.

What is that red thing attached to the grab bar in the rear?
That looks like an emergency fuel supply. I would like one of those for long trips where I push the limits between stops.

Chip
That looks like an emergency fuel supply. I would like one of those for long trips where I push the limits between stops.

Chip
That would be a very useful thing indeed.
That looks like an emergency fuel supply. I would like one of those for long trips where I push the limits between stops.

Chip
That would be a very useful thing indeed.
Yep, that's what it is. I know I have about 50 miles to go when the fuel gauge starts blinking but just in case I miss calculate, that gets me another 10-12 miles. Hopefully enough to get to a gas station or a rancher's house. There's room for another on the other side too if I'm really going out in the boonies.
 
sanoke_imp said:
c2a7b887e9d2b44b470b58fc7a1dd122.jpg

237841dae979f3a8dffe8e3b6559e384.jpg


Just rolled over 30,000 on my 2013 CB1100 so I thought I'd share a report. I'm on my 4th front tire and my 3rd rear. Still running the stock BS tires. Work just fine for me so I don't think I'll switch. Replaced the rear brakes and chain at about 26,000. Could have gotten more out of both but I was changing the rear tire and it was just so much more convenient to do it then. Added a Corbin seat and Ikon shocks and improved the ride a bunch. Valves were all in spec at 22,000 so I've decided to only check them once a year from now on. Same with the plugs. I'll probably pull them more often and check the gap but they looked so good last time I checked, I just can't see replacing them as often as the manual says. Other than that, it's just been normal servicing for everything else as the manual suggests.

Gas mileage has dropped from 62mpg last summer to around 57mpg this past winter. I'm sure the colder weather and the big Plexifaring wind screen contributed to that.

All in all, this bike has just been a pleasure to ride and maintain. Definitely a keeper.
It's likely the big shield. Both of my CBs wear big NC shields in the winter and I've noticed that mileage drops several MPG with them on. On the plus side, the smaller NC Deflectors that I use in warm weather actually show an improvement in mileage over running without a shield.
 
Back
Top